• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

First Vintage For A While

Mrs Wiggles

Arrived today. I have wanted a vintage Timex at the right price for a while, then this came up on ebay. Terrible pictures, and almost no description. I took a punt and got it for £23. It's absolute mint, and working perfectly. A few years back getting a reasonable Timex was easy and cheap, but now the prices are rising. I consider this a real fine.

0GhSKKX.jpg

Edited by Mrs Wiggles
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice, a bit too shiny for me but nice none the less! As you say, Timex have always been "easy and cheap" - I can't understand why they're becoming more desirable and going up in price. I sold a non-runner with bent lug from a job lot for a tenner, I was amazed, the movement was so horrible and overall seemed like something out of a christmas cracker. No offence intended by the way, I am talking about a specific watch I sold and not speaking on behalf all Timex!

I've got some really quality, lesser known brands which I struggle to shift, while Timex fly off the shelf lol