• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
WRENCH

Buried treasure.

3 hours ago, JoT said:

I saw the article, quite interesting there will come a time when it will be financially viable to recover them!

Not the Lotus ,had one of those nearly did for me:angry:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bonzodog said:

Not the Lotus ,had one of those nearly did for me:angry:

they say the Miata was a copy of the Lotus. ?    i liked the Miata.    vin    

49 minutes ago, vinn said:

they say the Miata was a copy of the Lotus. ?    i liked the Miata.    vin    

There are people who dress up their Mk 1 Miata to look like an Elan. No one here would do anything like that though. :laughing2dw:

22 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

There are people who dress up their Mk 1 Miata to look like an Elan. No one here would do anything like that though. :laughing2dw:

MX 5/Miata. A bit better than a Lots OOfTrouble Usually Serious.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, spinynorman said:

whats a Mk 1 ?   do you know what a miata Mx 5  ?    what is an Elan ? what do you  drive?       vin

46 minutes ago, vinn said:

whats a Mk 1 ?   do you know what a miata Mx 5  ?    what is an Elan ? what do you  drive?       vin

Two years ago I bought a Eunos Roadster, which is a MK1 (or NA) MX5 sold in Japan. Lots of them end up on the UK used car market. With the pop up headlights, the NA looks a bit like a Lotus Elan, especially if you put a yellow badge on the front. Last year I traded it for a more recent MK3 (NC), because there's only so much 1970s British sports car vibe I can take.

5 hours ago, WRENCH said:

MX 5/Miata. A bit better than a Lots OOfTrouble Usually Serious.

I did consider looking for a used Elise, but for 3x the price I'd still have a Japanese engine and no carpet.:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

Two years ago I bought a Eunos Roadster, which is a MK1 (or NA) MX5 sold in Japan. Lots of them end up on the UK used car market. With the pop up headlights, the NA looks a bit like a Lotus Elan, especially if you put a yellow badge on the front. Last year I traded it for a more recent MK3 (NC), because there's only so much 1970s British sports car vibe I can take.

I did consider looking for a used Elise, but for 3x the price I'd still have a Japanese engine and no carpet.:rolleyes:

i understand.   they did have a removable hard top with a Heated rear window and 4 wheel suspention.   the only problem i found was the "cam belt" driving the over head cams.   vin

3 hours ago, sparrow said:

The landys would probably turn over with a quick squirt of EZ-start & a fresh battery 

And then the chassis would snap just below the bulkhead. :laughing2dw:

5075709541_8bde326b31_b.jpg

most are worth digging out if only for parts except the two tansits ? oh and the PACER which should be buried :laugh:

deano

2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Ach a couple of bits of angle bar and a few pop rivets would soon sort that! :whistle::laugh:

3 hours ago, lovingtheclock said:

there's 0 chance that the 1991 transit will fetch anywhere near that surely...rare doesn't mean desirable!

Maybe not, but there is a market for Mk 1and Mk 2's amongst certain groups and they make good money, especially trucks, as do J type Bedfords.

4929248092_2eec059269_o.jpg

3 hours ago, Teg62x said:

Ach a couple of bits of angle bar and a few pop rivets would soon sort that! :whistle::laugh:

And some underseal and cardboard to strengthen it. I was driving a series 2, 109, when the chassis broke. That's when they had cable operated "strangler" to stop the diesel engine, it wouldn't work, neither would the brakes so I had to take to the ditch. :laughing2dw: I used repair these things, and I hate them. 

On 22/01/2020 at 17:27, WRENCH said:

Psssssh - nothing that some isopon p40 and chicken wire wouldn't sort out :tongue: