Hamilton or CWC.

11K views 40 replies 22 participants last post by  mitadoc 
#1 ·
Opinions on these two, given the choice, which one,

The "pretty" Hamilton @ £720,

h76419931.png

or the CWC @ £449.

15412_1024x1024.jpg?v=1575931735

The Hamilton is a handwinder with 80 hours reserve, the CWC has the trusty ETA 2824 auto.

See less See more
#7 ·
Case back of the Hamilton seems nicer in the picture but these types of watches were never built to looks nice I suppose. I have had a few CWC watches personally, I think these days they are massively overpriced. The dive watches I would rather just get a Zeno or similar and even the G10 I always preferred the Pulsar, flat crystal less likely to mark, thinner case, easier to read especially the lume.

I think Hamilton have their "Vietnam" watch for about £350 which is hand wind? I would personally get that one I think this Hamilton looks a bit all over the place with the aged lume on it.

#11 ·
Personally I would buy an original, issued one of either rather than the homage reproductions. In that case the Hamilton wins as it is manual wind whereas the CWC would be cheaper but quartz.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
The cwc is a beauty, if it were me Id go for that.

While the strap options are more limited with fixed bars on the cwc, at least you'll never have to worry about spring bar failure and losing a 500 quid watch either!

#25 ·
Reactions: KAS118
#33 · (Edited by Moderator)
CWC are bringing out a handwinding G10 similar to the original ones (the Mellor72) just watched a video promo on their fb page. No price mentioned as yet that I can see though!

http://xflive.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://www.facebook.com/cwcwatch/videos/211731853174876/
Its now on their website , priced at £449 .

https://www.cwcwatch.com/products/cwc-navigator-mechanical-hand-wound-gs-watch-1970-pattern

DhRcyibl.jpg

#27 ·
Not sure if the rules let me mention the jewellers, but the Hamilton is available new for £693 online.

Now I look again I'm not sure about that textured bumpy looking dial, so I think if I was making the decision I'd rather wait for the Mellor-72 posted above. I'm a little disappointed in CWC putting an apostrophe in "70s" in their video....

#28 ·
Not sure if the rules let me mention the jewellers, but the Hamilton is available new for £693 online.
Now I look again I'm not sure about that textured bumpy looking dial, so I think if I was making the decision I'd rather wait for the Mellor-72 posted above. I'm a little disappointed in CWC putting an apostrophe in "70s" in their video....
As long as the price doesn't have a comma after the first figure in the price I'll forgive the odd apostrophe misdemeanours.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

#38 ·
Opinions on these two, given the choice, which one,

The "pretty" Hamilton @ £720,

h76419931.png

or the CWC @ £449.

15412_1024x1024.jpg?v=1575931735

The Hamilton is a handwinder with 80 hours reserve, the CWC has the trusty ETA 2824 auto.
Not after a watch at the moment, but may be able to get a new Hamilton Jazzmaster quartz for £200, tempting. With regards to the two watches in question, I don't really like either of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.