• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
WRENCH

Hamilton or CWC.

Not sure if the rules let me mention the jewellers, but the Hamilton is available new for £693 online.

Now I look again I'm not sure about that textured bumpy looking dial, so I think if I was making the decision I'd rather wait for the Mellor-72 posted above.  I'm a little disappointed in CWC putting an apostrophe in "70s" in their video....

• Like 1

Not sure if the rules let me mention the jewellers, but the Hamilton is available new for £693 online.
Now I look again I'm not sure about that textured bumpy looking dial, so I think if I was making the decision I'd rather wait for the Mellor-72 posted above.  I'm a little disappointed in CWC putting an apostrophe in "70s" in their video....
As long as the price doesn't have a comma after the first figure in the price I'll forgive the odd apostrophe misdemeanours.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, jmm1 said:

Mellor 72, what's that all about. 

The Antonia de Sancha 51 automatic will be out soon.

1 hour ago, it'salivejim said:

But looks nothing like the watch they claim it’s based on, the Rolex 3139

j7fwtX3.jpg

42mm case

And the Rolex, at 34mm

Ql91Y6d.jpg

You wouldn't want a replica or copy though would you?... There are many strong hints to the Roly and it is a gorgeous looking thing!

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 19:05, brummie1875 said:

CWC are bringing out a handwinding G10 similar to the original ones (the Mellor72) just watched a video promo on their fb page. No price mentioned as yet that I can see though!

Its now on their website , priced at £449 .

https://www.cwcwatch.com/products/cwc-navigator-mechanical-hand-wound-gs-watch-1970-pattern

DhRcyibl.jpg

Edited by Tazmo61
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tazmo61 said:

To be honest I expected it to be around the £600.00 mark so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Strap doesn't fit properly though by the looks of it!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brummie1875 said:

18.5 mm lug width, strange size ?

20 minutes ago, brummie1875 said:

To be honest I expected it to be around the £600.00 mark so I'm pleasantly surprised.

I was very pleasantly surprised too , I thought it would have been closer to the price of the Hamilton . I like it very much and may purchase one soon .

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tazmo61 said:

I was very pleasantly surprised too , I thought it would have been closer to the price of the Hamilton . I like it very much and may purchase one soon .

Currently weighing up my options, trying to be good, selling to buy. Think that may go a bit bandy somehow!   :whistle:

• Haha 1

On 19/01/2020 at 21:16, WRENCH said:

Opinions on these two, given the choice, which one,

The "pretty" Hamilton @ £720,

h76419931.png

or the CWC @ £449.

15412_1024x1024.jpg?v=1575931735

The Hamilton is a handwinder with 80 hours reserve, the CWC has the trusty ETA 2824 auto.

Not after a watch at the moment, but may be able to get a new Hamilton Jazzmaster quartz for £200, tempting. With regards to the two watches in question, I don't really like either of them. 

CWC for me. Has a date window, reliable workhorse inside, still strong heritage and bargain price compared to Hamilton.

However, whatever floats your boat really.

Cheers.

Dimi

• Like 1