• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Tazmo61

New Seiko 5 Brian May LE SRPE83K1

I'll be honest and say that I don't really like that wave-edged bit of black on the rather nice red dial, and surely, 9000 pieces is pretty big for a special limited edition. Now, if Brian May had actually signed the reverse of a personalised Seiko 5...:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richy176 said:

Looks as if he is going a bit thin on top :whistle: Did he ever wear a Seiko?

Yes, there is loads of concert footage of him wearing Seiko divers watches, and also during various interviews and documentaries. He bought his first on tour in Japan apparently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, richy176 said:

Did he ever wear a Seiko?

He wore a 7548 (JDM) for some years .

0lmhQgDl.jpg

Edited by Tazmo61
  • Like 1

9000, is a bit high to be fair. The red wave is a bit marmite. But it will sell out and be on the bay regardless. 

Edited by r-macus

I actually think it's good looking.. but the price?? I suppose it is limited numbers but would rather buy a Presage for that money.

• Like 1

Article says that Brian May has been wearing a Seiko since the 70s. Let's see that please

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Faze said:

I like it, but could do without the S on the dial

I believe the 'S' is the latest incarnation of the '5' logo for Seiko 5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Threads merged

Normally a big fan of Seiko special editions but not this one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badgersdad said:

It's an ugly watch, but then I never really liked queen. 

https://monochrome-watches.com/seiko-5-sports-brian-may-special-edition-srpe83k1/

SEIKO-5-SPORTS-BRIAN-MAY-SPECIAL-EDITION-SRPE83K1-2.jpg

come on Andy you are the same age as me you must have enjoyed this in about 1985 its well cool when @BondandBigM isnt dressed as a vicar he can do freddie impressions like this, with his skirt and dog collar. 

14 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

come on Andy you are the same age as me you must have enjoyed this in about 1985 its well cool when @BondandBigM isnt dressed as a vicar he can do freddie impressions like this, with his skirt and dog collar. 

My memory of Queen is way older, from back in the 70’s, my sister went to see them and had asked me to pick her up so being a bit early I managed to blag my way in and I caught the last 15 or 20 minutes of the concert.

They were terrible, possibly one of the worst live bands I’ve heard, Maybe they were just having an off night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BondandBigM said:

My memory of Queen is way older, from back in the 70’s, my sister went to see them and had asked me to pick her up so being a bit early I managed to blag my way in and I caught the last 15 or 20 minutes of the concert.

They were terrible, possibly one of the worst live bands I’ve heard, Maybe they were just having an off night.

to be fair they were better than wham when i was a kid but yeh not as good as elton john 

:biggrin:

9 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

No they weren't. Never liked any of that stuff, but my mates went to see them in Dundee when Bohemiam Rhapsody was on the go, and the high notes were unobtainable. Some say this guy is better, but I'm not going to risk finding out.

hqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I believe the 'S' is the latest incarnation of the '5' logo for Seiko 5.

I understood it was a bad 5 on its side.

31 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

No they weren't. Never liked any of that stuff, but my mates went to see them in Dundee when Bohemiam Rhapsody was on the go, and the high notes were unobtainable. Some say this guy is better, but I'm not going to risk finding out.

hqdefault.jpg

He was in town recently, I don’t mind bands doing covers but these look a likey band are usually either miming or rubbish. 

Tenerife is full of them

47 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

He was in town recently, I don’t mind bands doing covers but these look a likey band are usually either miming or rubbish. 

Tenerife is full of them

This lot got a shock when some old guy wanted to sing with a cover band at their wedding in Bishopton.