• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Roger the Dodger

Mickey Mouse Owners' Club. (all makes)

Anyone out there with a Mickey watch?

This is a Lorus auto (Seiko movement) from Disneyland, Florida. It dates to 1990, so is now 30 years old (2020). The auto movement is a 17 jewel, Singapore made Seiko Y621-6050A1, with quick set date. It features an 18ct GP case, with display back that has a gold Mickey outline on it. The dial has raised, gold tone Arabic numerals with a lovely depiction of a 'Pie Eyed' Mickey in the centre. Mickey's arms are the hands. The watch also has a second hand. Thankfully, the previous owner kept this out of the light, and only wore it rarely, so there is no fading to Mickey. I have never seen another one like it so would describe it as 'scarce'....many Mickeys are quartz.

The plating on the watch as it arrived from the USA...there were a few marks on it, but no gouges, so I had it stripped and replated.

Mickey mouse.

The new look, and a blue sharkskin strap.

Mickey Mouse

Mickey mouse.

My second Mickey is a Bulova Accutron 'Hummer'. This is smaller than the Lorus...probably a ladies or even a childs watch. It has the later 2193 calibre movement, which only had one coil on the tuning fork, and a counterweight on the other side. It has a date code of N7, dating it to 1977...making it 43 years old (2020). This watch was fully serviced by our own 'Silver Hawk' at 'Electric Watches', including a case re-polish. The wife wears this one.

Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouse Watch

Bulova Accutron 'Mickey Mouse'.

Bulova Accutron Mickey Mouse Watch

The two together...

Mickey Mouse

Would love to see some other examples...:thumbsup:

Not got one yet but it is a work in progress:wicked:.  I recently picked up some new, old stock, Timex electric movements from a guy in Poland......

eV7R1aS.jpg

and have ear marked the M40 one for one of these NOS Mickey Mouse dial and handsets, that are, as we speak, winging their way over to me from the USA.....

NDz5CG5.jpg

Next stage is to mate it to a suitable Timex  M40 case and I will end up with a 'genuine' new, old stock 1971 Timex Electric Mickey Mouse watch...:thumbs_up:

This is what I am aiming to duplicate :wink:

4dfisN6.jpg

• Like 1

Well, still waiting to get a suitable strap, but everything came together yesterday and Mickey lives again:thumbs_up:.

D6Qc3Nw.jpg

Regulated it on the Timegrapher, not perfect, but doesn't look too bad........:yes:

huKTjZe.jpg

PROC1Rt.jpg

• Like 1