• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
it'salivejim

Is this genuine?

Just now, JonnyOldBoy said:

We have been reminded of the forum rules.

Send it by PM then.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Why?

Don’t know about @JonnyOldBoy sources ?

I’m fortunate to have gained the trust of some manufacturers, institutions, & have been privy to information  regarding this matter (& other privileged information), it would be foolhardy for me to disclose this on a public forum!

Rest assured, a lot of time, money, & effort, is being spent to minimise this market!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

I’m fortunate to have gained the trust of some manufacturers, institutions, & have been privy to information  regarding this matter (& other privileged information), it would be foolhardy for me to disclose this on a public forum!

Rest assured, a lot of time, money, & effort, is being spent to minimise this market!

My sources are two employees of watch manufacturers who were kind enough to entertain my curiosity and questions and some info I gleaned from customs operations the UK has been undertaking in the Caribbean and the far east. 

I would assume you have been party to more specific information than me, because the info I was given was more general and strategic , nothing very specific. But it was enough to reassure me that the companies are indeed taking this seriously .... :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, relaxer7 said:

I imagine one of the reasons is that fakesters could easily read a public forum and learn exactly what to tweak to make the counterfeit goods even more realistic. 

I doubt some mass producer of blag watches is trawling through watch forums thinking “Ah, so that’s what I need to change next time”

Roy doesn’t like something on his forum? Don’t post it, simple.

this is not a forum for fakes, end of...if you want to learn how to spot a fake, then gen up on a fake forum and not on here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

this is not a forum for fakes, end of

end of what ?

what is this a forum for ?

Edited by JonnyOldBoy
  • Like 1

Just now, JonnyOldBoy said:

end of what ?

what is this a forum for ?

dont be stupid end of discussion of fakes on here look else where 

13 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

look else where for what ?

13 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

oh ... and once you come off your rocking horse ( I used to love mine ) ...  if you see no evil speak no evil and hear no evil you may want to stay away from a very popular and respected watch purchasing platform currently.... there are murky things afoot there that seem on topic that of course you would not want to be informed of .... :laugh:

Edited by JonnyOldBoy
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, JoT said:

Since this forum started Roy has always taken a firm line on posts about fakes, it is his forum and they are his rules.

The moderators let the two similar threads about super fakes run and decided to lock them after they became discussions on fakes in general and not the watch in question posted by the OP.

This is not a forum for discussing fakes and unless Roy changes his mind after around 20 years of providing a forum that's the way it will stay.

Thanks John. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

look else where for what ?

oh ... and once you come off your rocking horse ( I used to love mine ) ...  if you see no evil speak no evil and hear no evil you may want to stay away from a very popular and respected watch purchasing platform currently.... there are murky things afoot there that seem on topic that of course you would not want to be informed of .... :laugh:

I think what Nigel might be saying is that there are websites where fakes and faking are openly discussed. Some folks make their own and then buy boxes and papers. It is therefore not necessary to sully this forum and instead go off and view the specific sites. The only problem is linking a with b. I've seen these sites and been disturbed by the cottage industry/ matter of factness they project. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Thanks John. 

And thanks John for the policy on not posting here with bogus duplicate IDs .... oh .... wait .... hang on minute !?!?

Hashtag-Wait-A-While-For-The-Invite-To-The-Mother-Theresa-Appreciation-Society 

:laugh::laugh::laugh: 

9 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Probably a mate of his mums Alan. 

Just now, wrenny1969 said:

I think what Nigel might be saying is that there are websites where fakes and faking are openly discussed. 

Get that , but I don't want to discuss fakes for the sake of it ,,,, not my bag.

I do however want to be aware of ( hypothetically speaking of course ) potentially buying a dud from an allegedly "safe" site.

Yesterday I joined another Web-Venue and learned some valuable info based on the initial info spread here by that original post.

The folk on there do not spend their time "discussing fakes" they warn each other and it's all perfectly logical. Whilst some on here deny the very existence of the things others on other venues are spreading news about then its all about what and where is a good use of time for hobbies like this.

It's great here of course ... no complaints. Just analysis. :character0275:

4 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Probably a mate of his mums Alan. 

Is that my mum who has dementia ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wrenny1969 said:

I think what Nigel might be saying is that there are websites where fakes and faking are openly discussed. Some folks make their own and then buy boxes and papers. It is therefore not necessary to sully this forum and instead go off and view the specific sites. The only problem is linking a with b. I've seen these sites and been disturbed by the cottage industry/ matter of factness they project. 

Exactly david. You can learn about b and c without doing it at home.

16 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I do however want to be aware of ( hypothetically speaking of course ) potentially buying a dud from an allegedly "safe" site.

The rules do allow a member to make a post to ask the forum if a potential purchase is genuine at admin / moderator's discretion

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoT said:

The rules do allow a member to make a post to ask the forum if a potential purchase is genuine at admin / moderator's discretion

Yes I realise that .... thx.

It's also helpful to understand the current "threats" that are out there to avoid enormous wastes of time and potential mistakes and rather than just watch videos, I value other peoples opinions.

I fully respect the rules as re-iterated here and yesterday joined a Facebook group for watch enthusiasts of a certain brand whose page obviously bans fake promotions and sales but allows free discussion.

I will use that site for what it offers me , and obviously still enjoy my time here.

So it's all good. This is not a "toys-out-of-the-pram" post or dig, I just will follow my nose for my own needs.

Up until a few days ago this was the only online watch group I used, but now I will use the Facebook pages and this place as appropriate.

Edited by JonnyOldBoy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

this is not a forum for fakes, end of...if you want to learn how to spot a fake, then gen up on a fake forum and not on here. 

Why should anyone on here, a genuine watch forum, have to stoop so low as to join a replica watch forum to discover what makes a fake a fake?

You don't half talk some ***** Nigel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

Why should anyone on here, a genuine watch forum, have to stoop so low as to join a replica watch forum

Exactly ... i joined a FB Omega Page yesterday and about 1/50th of the chat is about counterfeits , but that chat is GOLD.  Those duffers that @Speedy112 highlighed have already stung seasoned buyers on a well known buying platform. Personally I am all ears...... I would rather wear @BondandBigM's cast off fake Trainers than join a FWF..... :laugh:

• Like 1

Given some of the strength of opinion supporting the discussion of fakes...by some members who rarely participate in wruw id rather not trust their watches...as far as i could throw them. Which at this point in time would be catapult assisted.

2 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I would rather wear @BondandBigM's cast off fake Trainers than join a FWF..... :laugh:

Same here but what choice is there right now while forums like this don't allow fake discussion? A real shame in my opinion that we can't be a bit more open here.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

some

• Haha 2

On 23/01/2020 at 21:28, wrenny1969 said:

There is IMHO much anxiety abound for folks buying watches which are prone to copying outside of the AD network. I would have thought considered and learned opinion from those with a view would be welcome both within and outwith our little community.

David. Every time i hear the word folks i think of a small amiable italian detective in a scruffy coat and an old fiat. Leave it with me. 

Columbo