• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Case Scratch on Gold Patek

Recently acquired some cape cod cloths and successfully removed(carefully) a scratch from my SS Rolex YM on a polished centre link.

I have a scratch on a Rose Gold Patek (case flank) not deep but wondering if I can use these cloths on the Patek also? If I am careful..?

thoughts from anyone who has done similar.

Tks

Is it solid gold or gold plated ? You should be able to do that but if it's gold plated I guess it depends how thick the layer is. How many microns, basically. If it's 80/120 or whatever then I guess it might be fine...

28 minutes ago, gimli said:

Is it solid gold or gold plated ? You should be able to do that but if it's gold plated I guess it depends how thick the layer is. How many microns, basically. If it's 80/120 or whatever then I guess it might be fine...

Thanks, to the best of my knowledge All Patek (at least modern ones) are solid gold so no plating here :-)