Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JonnyOldBoy

Swatch Group QC issue ..... !!!

Recommended Posts

The watchmaker who made that mistake was exiled from Geneva to Zurich.  He is currently crying into his very expensive latte as we speak.

Im now of to burn my speed master, with mistakes like these it’s the only way to be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZenArcade said:

The watchmaker who made that mistake was exiled from Geneva to Zurich.  He is currently crying into his very expensive latte as we speak.

Im now of to burn my speed master, with mistakes like these it’s the only way to be sure.

It appears in this case the AD that sold it is returning it to Omega for a replacement .... can not believe anyone could miss that during a sale ....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

It appears in this case the AD that sold it is returning it to Omega for a replacement .... can not believe anyone could miss that during a sale ....

Miss what :hmmm9uh:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

can not believe anyone could miss that during a sale

Wouldn't happen on a Parnis. :laughing2dw:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

Miss what :hmmm9uh:

The misprinted detail on the dial "P" and "R" not been applied correctly ..... 

1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

Mythical Super Fake ???

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

2A8C401700000578-3162129-Experts_believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lovingtheclock said:

I would have thought an error like that would add value! Like a misprint on a trading card or a comic book!

Not sure these days that that would out weigh the manufacturer's desire to get it back !? When I first saw this I assumed it was a not-real but then I saw the movement and unless its one of those watches-that-Bondy-thinks-does-not-exist then this seems to be a very unusual event ..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought for a second you meant those horrible hands! :rofl:

To be fair, that’s a right blunder. Should have been spotted well before sale point

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

The misprinted detail on the dial "P" and "R" not been applied correctly ..... 

2A8C401700000578-3162129-Experts_believe

Oh come on Johnny:laugh: even a pillock like me saw that

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been asking around my watch crowd since posting this and it seems QC for many of the majors at times lets the odd one slip through. My Rolex bud said he tried to trade in a GMT for a Daytona back in 2010-ish and the AD initially said no way is this correct , one of the hands is the wrong colour and refused the trade in... until he pointed out that he bought it from them and showed a photo of it on his wrist at the AD showing the hand. It appears he had one "that slipped though the net". Needless to say he hugely regrets trading that in now, assuming it's worth a bunch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been going on for years. My SMP started life as a QC failure by reason of movement and water resistance.  When I bought it the watch had been rebuilt by Omega under warranty and is perfect. 

I also had a Rolex GMT with so called stick hands.  Paid £3500 for it and sold it for £5500. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ong said:

This has been going on for years. My SMP started life as a QC failure by reason of movement and water resistance.  When I bought it the watch had been rebuilt by Omega under warranty and is perfect. 

I also had a Rolex GMT with so called stick hands.  Paid £3500 for it and sold it for £5500. 

 

My mate had an Invicta that had QC issues ,,, it fell to bits in the wrong order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

My mate had an Invicta that had QC issues ,,, it fell to bits in the wrong order.

I thought QC issues in Invicta watches improved them :laughing2dw:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...