• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
speakupboy

My mum's "special" Seiko. Any info?

Good afternoon all!

I've been trying to find out about my Mum's Seiko which she had for many years and so far I've drawn up nothing. I vaguely remember as a child it being a bit of a thing when she bought it and certainly looking at it now it doesn't compare to another Seiko she has. This one is much heavier (37g) and "special". It's 14K gold as stamped. Any other info from anyone? Any hints as to where I could find more? She travelled a lot so it was perfectly possible (likely) she bought it in Japan.

On the back it has: 748135, underneath 14K, and then under that 0525

Any ideas?

y4mdoiEjj7_Ss-703orK7dQNVjx8fVZooA_Hdgxy

y4m_hCbjZSkAcQaNlx_dgkHCJ5z_fwD_j88Qga5n

• Like 1

We really do need to see the front view of the watch. From the back, there really isn't much to go on. Note also that there is evidently another serial number on the caseback just above the stamped name, "SEIKO". You also don't mention whether the watch is mechanical (automatic or hand wind) or quartz. Finally, although it may be a trick of the light, the case back seems to be plated base metal rather than solid gold based on the silver colour apparently showing through on the lower right hand side of the caseback in the picture.

I think therefore that we need more info and more pics in order to appraise this watch.

@scottswatches might know more like honour said we need to see the dial. Its typical of a 60s ladies cocktail watch. My mum has an accurist like it from 1968 a tiny manual wind. 

Rather than the dial I would want to see the movement and inside the case back.

14k, or 0.585, often indicates the watch was made for the US market

Hmm- don't know why but the picture of the front doesn't appear on mobile but appears,at least for me, on my desktop no prob.

It's definitely gold on the back- the picture makes it look a bit lighter in the edges- but it's  not.

Try again with a picture of the front:

y4mbKYjXot9NVRI8U0CbzXdlpOgNGPAgqWm-1bg3

that's the 10C movement.  I can't identify the model number but ladies watches are difficult to sell, with supply outstripping demand hugely.  It's value will depend on the gold price.

I can't identify the model but it might be 10-0525.  I doubt their is much information out there in English, but hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scottswatches said:

that's the 10C movement.  I can't identify the model number but ladies watches are difficult to sell, with supply outstripping demand hugely.  It's value will depend on the gold price.

I can't identify the model but it might be 10-0525.  I doubt their is much information out there in English, but hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

Nice one scott

• Thanks 1

Yep- I expected that- although I perhaps hoped for something different!

It actually makes things easier as now we know the best future for mum's watch is remade into something else- rather than as is, locked in a box and never really looked at, let alone worn.

Thanks guys for your input.

• Like 1