• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Igerswis

WRUW - Saturday 25th January 2020

Happy Saturday everybody 

On with the breitling emergency mission today 

4F8EF951-F364-44E7-9D89-3863CD17582A.jpeg

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Enjoy you Saturday watch fans, a vintage Zenith Defy automatic for me

20200125_092318.jpg

Why, oh why, did they equip such an otherwise truly lovely watch with a date which is so malpositioned? 

Unaligned with the indices, cutting in to the chapter ring, and too small to be a "design feature" in its own right.

The gentle people of Le Locle did not enjoy their finest hour.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Morning :)

Don't have a Seamaster but have a Seaforce, pretty sure quality's up there with the Seamaster and slightly cheaper. :whistling::laugh:

Wenger Seaforce (Cal: Ronda 515)

Wenger Seaforce (Cal Ronda 515)

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, yokel said:

Why, oh why, did they equip such an otherwise truly lovely watch with a date which is so malpositioned? 

Unaligned with the indices, cutting in to the chapter ring, 

Characteristic of the brands ideology ?

Even today...

Image result for images of zenith captain moonphase watch

:yes:

:tongue:

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Fair’ fa yir honest sonsie face!

Happy Burns night sasanachs.  :laughing2dw:

692-A09-EC-91-A4-410-B-A826-6152-E9-FF58

I’m doing the “Address” tonight at our local. :laughing2dw:

Edited by Teg62x
  • Like 13
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, yokel said:

Unaligned with the indices, cutting in to the chapter ring, and too small to be a "design feature" in its own right.

I have to totally disagree it is perfect  :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

New in yesterday with thanks to @jmm1:thumbsup:

_20200125_093558.JPG

We've got a guest for the weekend.  Despite appearances he's quite lively.  Maybe I should change to something more robust. 

_20200125_093919.JPG

Edited by badgersdad
  • Like 16
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, martinzx said:

I have to totally disagree it is perfect  :)

One of the lovely things about this hobby is that everyone is allowed his own taste. Apologies for the unwarranted attack on the beauty of your watch.

43 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Characteristic of the brands ideology ?

Even today...

:yes:

:tongue:

Touché Sir (almost).

My perverted taste quite likes the big date implementation in that position. That it pushes the logo to the left seems harmonious.

When looking for my Captain Moon Phase . . . .

tm61i6r.jpg

. . . . I deliberately sought out the older model, rather than the (to my eyes) more anodyne (and less harmonious) later version . . .

6pjFbNR.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, yokel said:

One of the lovely things about this hobby is that everyone is allowed his own taste. Apologies for the unwarranted attack on the beauty of your watch.

Not at all, the very thing that irks you, is what I find so beguiling :yes::thumbsup:

• Like 2

Please ignore the gaps in the leather on this. The bracelet from 1974 that i salvedged off the seiko monaco and spent hours adjusting to fit the end links sadly kinked and died last night! At least i noticed and avoided disaster. One of the tiny old hollow link brackets had stretched and would not seat back god knows why. So i just stuck this 19mm on the 20s as its the only one ive got to hand. Thing is the gap and silver clasp have given what is an out an out wis vintage watch (come on when was the last time you saw a normal person wearing a 71 bellmatic?) an unusual feel its a bit like the eccentric local bloke who has a boat on conwy marina and still uses his dads from new Bristol motorcar that his dad bought new in 1958 as his only means of transport. The door seals might be hanging out but it still puts the new bm's and mercs to shame in the marina car park. 

1579947710609-989563109.jpg

5 hours ago, Igerswis said:

Wearing the Ploprof and SevenFriday bracelet for #seamastersaturday

Show us your Seamasters today:

6bfb2f1c13afcbd1f11e3b7eece05b5b.jpeg

Apparently the bracelet is shark proof. I wonder if it’s puppy proof. Ghost cries every time people argue on the forum so please be nice:

be9cbf8c781543900ca37c5056730ab4.jpeg

Shark proof! At least it will survive when someones arm gets bitten. Pups great.

1 hour ago, yokel said:

I bet you are great to live with. I can see it now....'dear the table mats are not straight....please sit tidily l....wipe your feet...you are making the place look a mess....' i bet you are like my mum. Hard work:rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, yokel said:

Touché Sir (almost).

My perverted taste quite likes the big date implementation in that position. That it pushes the logo to the left seems harmonious.

When looking for my Captain Moon Phase . . . .

tm61i6r.jpg

. . . . I deliberately sought out the older model, rather than the (to my eyes) more anodyne (and less harmonious) later version . . .

6pjFbNR.jpg

I'll admit though when it comes to watches you have some decent lookers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, badgersdad said:

We've got a guest for the weekend.  Despite appearances he's quite lively.  Maybe I should change to something more robust

The watch is fantastic, but, so is the dog.

I'd don't know what I prefer...yes I do, the blue roan spaniel is my favourite watch of the day. Thanks for sharing.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tazmo61 said:

Wearing my Junghans Attache watch this morning :biggrin:

PPywIZRl.jpg

Thats a great name attache very 60s secret agent. Watch carries it off well too.

Think napolean solo man in a suit case and all that slick 60s stuff. 

• Like 2

Working on various Saturday DIY bits today - fitting secondary glazing, changing in-line water purifier filter, wall mounting a new TV, wrapping a massive watch box, as you do!

I have therefore gone for cheap and robust but ever so slightly stylish......

large.DF8241F8-1429-4264-9706-B8E63B37A857.jpeg.ebe178a1233f2576ca16e16d5e96600a.jpeg

• Like 6

Not had a weekend off for a few weeks so today is the First Omega In Space Numbered Edition.

Not sure how many Omega are planning to produce but this one is the 13,000's.

IMG-1819.jpg

• Like 14

A couple of Romans first up for me...

TISSOT  Le Locle POWERMATIC 80, Cal. C07.111 23 Jewels ( ETA 2824-2 based) SWISS MADE

TISSOT-DSC_0101.thumb.gif.8eb6e49e3329be374e95240ac9611128.gif

J.Springs NPEA003,  SEIKO Cal. Y675C 21 Jewels.

J.SPRINGS-DSC_0102.thumb.gif.0921b3658ec8dd2dfd1cf6812435bb0d.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 12