• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Cyclops930

Is this genuine.

Seen a few of these on ebay different models by the same seller. No box or papers brand new, less than £30 Inc delivery.

Worth a punt or not. 9090264f8fc1c1fc113e05160c0abd7c.jpg

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

He is selling £4 (wholesale price) Chinese watch straps for £40ish. And he is selling what are probably £4 (wholesale) not-real watches.

Avoid like the plague would be my advice.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

£29 Inc post. :nono:

I'd go for the safe option.

ma-24x-bak-duvel-beer-discount.jpg

I had a bad do on that one night somewhere in Holland

After a crate of that stuff you won’t know what day of the week it is never mind where you are

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, BondandBigM said:

After a crate of that stuff you won’t know what day of the week it is never mind where you are

Trappist Beer can lead to a state of altered reality indeed. These days I stick to Bud Light .... :laugh:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

I tried it when we were in Ypres:clap:whooooooo hoooooooo not bad at all:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Trappist Beer can lead to a state of altered reality indeed. These days I stick to Bud Light .... :laugh:

Yep a bit like one day we went out on the lash in Holland and somehow managed to end up in Belgium. 

The good old days

:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, BondandBigM said:

Yep a bit like one day we went out on the lash in Holland and somehow managed to end up in Belgium. 

The good old days

Hey , I have done that , only sober.... on a push bike. I was at Centre Parcs Eindhoven and went out for a long cycle ride and got lost. I asked some old geezer where I was and he said something or other and then I noticed the road signs were all different !? Could not even blame the sauce ....

2 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

The good old days

Why oh why did you let BigM navigate?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Last time I was in Belgium, me and my mate decided to work out way through the bar beer list, all 36. And we did. Over two nights mind you, some of it was double figures %.

On 26/01/2020 at 12:59, Cyclops930 said:

Seen a few of these on ebay different models by the same seller. No box or papers brand new, less than £30 Inc delivery.

Worth a punt or not. emoji848.png9090264f8fc1c1fc113e05160c0abd7c.jpg

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Buy 10 and find out. 

3 minutes ago, Cyclops930 said:

I could only buy 8 :yes:

Go on just get one and put it on wruw see if they notice:biggrin:

They might be gen who knows

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Go on just get one and put it on wruw see if they notice:biggrin:

They might be gen who knows

They have all sold so there's either lots of very happy people or lots of extremely disgruntled people. 

He hasn't been selling watches long - used to just be the straps. No feedback on a watch sale yet... could be that they're all completely genuine, just that they don't exist!

It could be genuine. Some time ago there was a heads-up on here about a Cross Sterling Silver Roller Ball on offer on Amazon. I picked one up for £30 and just checked - they are currently listed at £110!!

No idea why they  were being sold at such a low price but they were the genuine article.

9 hours ago, Watch-and-C said:

Does it come with a movement? :hmmm9uh:

Yes ! :bullshitter:

• Haha 2

India seems to be famous for Seiko watches that are not original in some way. Comments on a Seiko forum don't suggest fakes just things like none original dials etc. It's tricky as I don't know where Seiko make all of their watches. China might be involved so parts could get anywhere legitimately or otherwise. I have one from India where the dial was probably knocked up on some sort of printer - inkjet etc. It wasn't sold as new. It uses one of the earlier lower jewel count movements so tried to see if there are any clones about. Doesn't seem to be. Other movements may be available from China - clones or originals ? Could be either. Even Russian watches have been cloned - big time it seems and the watches were far more cheaply made.

It seems that the one I have needs the original movement otherwise a new case would have to be made. I might find out what it is when I try and service it. :) As I like the look of it and have never serviced one before it wont be the first one I try. This watch is one of the so called railway watches. Recently they have been offering more dial options :) maybe they have made enough on the others to buy a better printer.

Totally original watches ??? Not sure about that in my case as all watches need something replacing at some point and I'd prefer them to work as they should.

John

-