• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

This has just gone live on Kickstarter

I think it’s a unique looking dive watch - but what makes it even more unique is that it’s made from the steel of a Type 22 Frigate HMS Cornwall - so it’s in HY-80 and not the more usual 316L.

Cost is £430 plus UK postage of £7.00.

What can I say - but I’ve ordered mine

3bb0f876b96c65c3d34ab80af39febc6.jpg175e8532eed2c6027c78372a5da7c7b9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

46% funded after 1 and a bit days.

Although the first day rush has no gone, fingers crossed its a successful campaign :)

• Like 1

I have been watching this piece, but needs the mesh on it for me to commit. As an added extra pushes it a bit too high.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richy said:

I have been watching this piece, but needs the mesh on it for me to commit. As an added extra pushes it a bit too high.

I think the problem you'll have with any Stainless Steel Bracelet is that the HY-80 Steel used for the case is a bit darker (I'm led to believe) - so its not going to match :(

I notice that the configuration of the markers on the dial produces a square format in a circular dial, which is a bit disconcerting, visually. I don't mind if the steel is a slightly dark shade - might actually be rather nice - though I would have liked the steel strap to also be made of the same steel as the case.

• Like 1

I like it bit expensive but a little different from the others out there great design

On 30/01/2020 at 16:36, Caller. said:

I think it's a monstrosity. I really dislike the blobs.

Say it how it is!

I think it's adorable and the contrast of the blobs Vs the sharpness of the hand just make it ping! The contours of the case and the really rich greyness of the steel are quite something...

In fact, fxck it, I'm ordering one as I think I'll be dissapointed if I miss out!

• Like 2

On 07/02/2020 at 18:55, bowie said:

does not look like all the other micro brand look alike watches out there seems to be a lot of thought gone into the design of the watch not just raid the parts bin and put a watch together.Jonesinamillion have you orderd one ?

I did indeed!

It's got to hit the 100 backers or it's dead, currently on 73.

Really hope they reach their goal

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

I did indeed!

It's got to hit the 100 backers or it's dead, currently on 73.

Really hope they reach their goal

how does kickstarter work do you have to give 450.00 pound to them straight away does it come out of your bank account as soon as you commit,and do you get your money back if it does not reach the target with no hassle.

31 minutes ago, bowie said:

how does kickstarter work do you have to give 450.00 pound to them straight away does it come out of your bank account as soon as you commit,and do you get your money back if it does not reach the target with no hassle.

Nothing debited untill the end of the campaign, if successful then it gets debited so relatively no hassle (I've done x2 Ventus kickstarters and no issue), just enter your card details to pledge.

Really hope these guys do it (for selfish reasons and reasons of rightness, they deserve some success IMHO).

Even if TWF memebers don't fancy it, it would be right & propper to give it a share on Facebook / Insta / twitter ETC to help promote some genuine watch guys that have put in immense effort to design & build a watch from scratch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bowie said:

Just to confirm - its £430 + postage (which in the UK is £7)

I know £13 isn't a huge amount - but thought I should point it out :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Nothing debited untill the end of the campaign, if successful then it gets debited so relatively no hassle (I've done x2 Ventus kickstarters and no issue), just enter your card details to pledge.

Really hope these guys do it (for selfish reasons and reasons of rightness, they deserve some success IMHO).

Even if TWF memebers don't fancy it, it would be right & propper to give it a share on Facebook / Insta / twitter ETC to help promote some genuine watch guys that have put in immense effort to design & build a watch from scratch.

thanks for the information about how to go on both jonesinamillion and KAS118 

• Like 2

IMO:bullshitter:, looks like they've just prised it off a bulkhead and stuck a strap on it - really unrefined - not for me at all 

5 hours ago, sparrow said:

IMO:bullshitter:, looks like they've just prised it off a bulkhead and stuck a strap on it - really unrefined - not for me at all 

Watch the vlogs... A stupid amount of thought & consideration has gone into it