• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Customer service

badgersdad

After a while of wearing the Sternglas Naos I became frustrated that the second hand and the minute hands were identical making it really difficult to read. I was way outside of the returns period so I just emailed them offering some feedback on the design. 

Without hesitation they offered to refund my money in full as long as the watch head was unmarked. They even sent me a pre-paid returns label. The money arrived back in my account this morning. 

Superb service.

IMG_20200125_152557.jpg

• Like 7

Yep, that's brilliant, and I agree with you about the hands. 

On the flip side. A while back I bought a Chris Ward C60-600. A great watch, but it runs about 20 secs a day fast. I know this may be acceptable to many people, but I own Parnis watches with Miyota movements which run within a few seconds a day. I emailed them, waited 4 weeks for a reply, and then was told they would regulate it for £40. When a watch costs the sort of money a Chris Ward does, I would have thought they would leave the factory regulated already. 

13 minutes ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

On the flip side. A while back I bought a Chris Ward C60-600. A great watch, but it runs about 20 secs a day fast. I know this may be acceptable to many people, but I own Parnis watches with Miyota movements which run within a few seconds a day. I emailed them, waited 4 weeks for a reply, and then was told they would regulate it for £40. When a watch costs the sort of money a Chris Ward does, I would have thought they would leave the factory regulated already. 

Me too. There's no excuse for that. 

3 hours ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

That’s crummy service. I bet one wouldn’t receive the same lackadaisical response from Sinn or Damasko. 

Edited by Filterlab
Correcting the iPhone’s “spell check”

• 1 year later...

Zelos are great.

I can pick out a couple of points here - first regulation - I believe Zelos regulate their watches before they go out, I have not had a more accurate 9 series Miyota; and as for service, I emailed them for the spec of the threaded bracelet pins, as I managed to lose one and wanted to replace it (as I told them, only for the sake of my OCD, since I had the spare links from when I sized the bracelet), and they sent me 4 complete links without my asking.  I have paid $$$ for spare links for other watches, both from eBay and manufacturers, previously, so I know what they can cost, and I thought that was a brilliant offer from Zelos.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2020 at 14:30, Mrs Wiggles said:

Is it also industry practice to charge for adjusting a bracelet? CW want £10 to adjust the bracelet of the above C60/600

Design flaw. I've seen a few watches that I noticed had this issue and avoided them because of it. Another advantage though to not liking dress watches. Most sport watches don't have this issue.

Awesome and unadvisable customer service though!

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a walk around the fine watches section in Harrods today and have to say that I was very impressed with everyone I came into contact with. I shouldn’t be surprised really considering the cost of some of the items in there but even after being very clear that I was spying not buying there were watches coming out of cases to look at without me even asking, I was like a kid in a sweetshop!

A special mention to Sonny in the general watch room who was so enthusiastic and helpful he actually had my missus telling me what good value Grand Seiko watches were! He’s done me a right good turn for the future methinks! :yes: