• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I'm going for this silver sans serif Poljot, and blue hands.  No drama.  I have read this Poljot dial was apparently made available for repairs / redials by the factory before a watch featuring it was actually manufactured.  So no qualms about retro-fitting it to a watch that probably had its original dial replaced years ago.

IMG_20200203_210445487(1).thumb.jpg.6b727a0a7d1f4bba5524d24bde8742f7.jpg

Actually prefer this now over my 3133 'strela' re-issue.

What's your favourite?

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 1

An original Okean dial is best for me:

DSC-0245-zpsf4355bd6.jpg

To be fair though, most original dials look pretty good.

Edited by Lampoc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, andyclient said:

I rather like this one , I've had it for years and never really wear it , maybe i should start .

poljot2

waterproof is a big plus!

I can't find the original post I saw where I read that these sans serif Cyrillic dials were specifically produced for use as replacements, befor egetting into catalogues, but I found another reference here by the guy who I believe wrote the definitive guide:  https://www.watchuseek.com/forums/f10/recent-acquisition-864251.html

Polmax3133  "These sans serif dials, or replacement dials, were made into the early-nineties; so the movement is probably original. I always wondered how this chronograph ended up in the 1992 catalogue, but then I discovered, based on the type of luminance used, that these dials were indeed produced into the early-nineties." 

I know you ignore me because you don't like hearing the truth but watching you trying to somehow justify your numerous shonky dials is pretty funny. That dial couldn't be more obviously aftermarket.

10 hours ago, Lampoc said:

I know you ignore me because you don't like hearing the truth but watching you trying to somehow justify your numerous shonky dials is pretty funny. That dial couldn't be more obviously aftermarket.

I ignore you because you are a bore.

44 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I ignore you because you are a bore.

Ignore all you want. As long as you continue to make misleading posts about your ropey Poljot I'll be there to make sure everyone else knows what a ******** artist you are.

I like mine like this, original dial and hands:

76644613_159892945081951_339170283433125

And like this, shonky new dial and hands:

IMG_20200201_144755400(1).jpg.0b85fee8b6

And like this, attractive homages:

74229531_160319245039321_552968100674063

And my oddballs:

56739229_130023281402251_818198954443486

Some are for wearing, some are for looking after, some are for tinkering with, some are associated with other interests, some are for no reason, I just like watches.  So eclectic I guess.

Is there a particular type that you gravitate to, or avoid? Condition, or size,or heritage whatever.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"Black , like my men"

[ God I love that film ]

To respond seriously, I gravitate to new or nearly new that I am going to wear a lot. Just not into old and much-used ......

Oh and I like black dials ......

:thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It makes a nice change to see an accurate post about your Russian watches :laugh:

I am a sucker for originality wherever possible.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

To respond seriously, I gravitate to new or nearly new that I am going to wear a lot. Just not into old and much-used ......

:thumbsup:

I agree in a way, I like my old watches on the mantle shelf, like glorified cigarette cards I suppose,  but  don't normally think of them as 'my watch' , as in something I would wear at work. The exception to that has been my Audax Fortissimo which is a watch I would have sniffed at, particularly as it is 29mm, but there is something intriguing about that early hammer-wind still ticking away with a practical power reserve DESPITE the obvious heavy use over the last 80 years.  I regularly wear it to work. I think the stainless steel case helps though, I wouldn't wear it to work if it was a flaking chrome case.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lampoc said:

I am a sucker for originality wherever possible.

Before I gave a chap at work a watch, because I could not bear to see him with his flaking chrome and crazed crystal (and I knew he had no spare cash due to ill health in his family) I did have to tactfully ensure that he wasn't proud of it or sentimentally attached.

In case I sound like a decent chap, I should say that I now regret that charity, since he cut the tail off the perfectly good CWC G10 it was on. 

11 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

Old , used, a little battered, with a story to tell.

Some more modern, Japanese, but not Seiko.

I passed on a half-price Red 12 Seiko Presage, even though I really like them, because although nice, it seemed a bit superficial, and I can get that from a decent quartz.  A 'Red 12' needs a story!

72912635_156846938719885_865726840061716

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Not too many complications but a few quirks.

I have no need whatsoever for this watch.  It is not very comfortable to wear.  But I like it because it is a non-date chrono.  And it is quirky.

67728285_148367436234502_356337118679872

Aaaah, I made a note at the time that it would be the last watch I ever bought.

That went well.

1 minute ago, Roger the Dodger said:

In the safe...out of sight, out of mind.

Image result for electronic safe

Oh no, I am the watch guy equivalent of crazy cat lady.  Fortunately I don't have any 'investment' watches.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

I like mine worn on the left wrist pointing upwards. Anything else is a sin

I have a wife like that :laugh:

I have to say that my tag with the big crown guard is a very tempting right-wrist watch.

And if you have an expensive looking watch then might be an idea to wear it under the wrist!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jet Jetski said:

I have to say that my tag with the big crown guard is a very tempting right-wrist watch.

And if you have an expensive looking watch then might be an idea to wear it under the wrist!

What's the point of having a nice watch (or anything) if it can't be seen by anyone else. It's a bit like owning a Ferrari and keeping it in the garage in case someone scratches it !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

What's the point of having a nice watch (or anything) if it can't be seen by anyone else. It's a bit like owning a Ferrari and keeping it in the garage in case someone scratches it !

that is my view, but I did read of a chap who wore is jolly nice watch on the inside of his wrist because he didn't wear it for anyone else's benefit or to show off.  To be honest, I think having to turn your wrist back-to-front every time you needed to glance at your watch would probably attract more attention.

• Like 1