• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Teg62x

Tourist has watch stolen after being stabbed in the arm

In the video looks like the watch fell to the ground after being grabbed from his wrist and the victim managed to get it back after it fell to the ground, 5-8 seconds into video, hopefully not damaged.

Edited by Graham60

Probably would have been more useful if the appeal went out when the robbery occurred not some 8 months later.... little wonder that 95% of all reported crime remains unsolved...(yes I did watch yesterdays The Chase).. :thumbsup:

Sad. I always dress down so I don't draw the attention of these scumbags, and never wear a decent watch on show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sad isn’t it, having to wave goodbye to my collection while I travel... good news is I am taking the Casio Wrench sent for secret Santa with me to India

16 minutes ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

I wonder how many people are mugged for £5 looky looky watches ?

Exactly what I was thinking :laugh:

He should have let them have it and taken the insurance, or maybe that's why they dropped it when they realised it was a tourbillon wristwatch, I mean, what's the point? :hmmm9uh:

3 hours ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

Well you can let us know! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Does insurance cover for loss as a result of getting mugged ?

Edited by WRENCH

36 minutes ago, martinzx said:

nice one martin :laugh:

(im on best behavior btw ask @BondandBigM and @mcb2007.  head down :(

ive given up my powers to become normal and good. 

18 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Does insurance cover for loss as a result of getting mugged ?

probably not sir? contributory negligence?

:tumbleweed:

1 minute ago, Nigelp said:

what is permanent injury? 

If you get bopped on the head and sprout nonsense for the rest of your life as a result. :(

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WRENCH said:

If you get bopped on the head and sprout nonsense for the rest of your life as a result. :(

im sure a good lawyer could argue for a payout if you paid him enough yes. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, martinzx said:

Never paid that for a watch in my life 

If the perpetrators get caught, which is unlikely, they will no doubt get a few days community service, and a small fine which will be paid from their benefits. The police would rather spend their time booking people for driving 35mph in a 30mph limit. I would happily pay to watch these criminals beheaded in a public place. 

Wearing one of those pieces that we are not permitted to talk about would probably attract the same attention from the pond life..
It’s not until the deed is done that the realisation of a worthless piece of junk has been obtained is revealed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Speedy112 said:

Wearing one of those pieces that we are not permitted to talk about would probably attract the same attention from the pond life..
It’s not until the deed is done that the realisation of a worthless piece of junk has been obtained is revealed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a mate who spends a lot of her time each year in Jamaica.... People over their have been attacked and even killed over wearing a not-real.

I had the same conversation with a corporate sales type who was looking at my watch, and comparing it to his Hong Kong Special. 
the look on his face when I pointed out that living and working in London, drawing that much attention and getting stabbed up for his toy probably made it a bit less of a bargain 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Richard734 said:

I had the same conversation with a corporate sales type who was looking at my watch, and comparing it to his Hong Kong Special. 
the look on his face when I pointed out that living and working in London, drawing that much attention and getting stabbed up for his toy probably made it a bit less of a bargain 

A family member is a trustee for a charity based in East London. She was told at the last board meeting ; " Not sure you should bring that bag with you next time unless you get here by taxi from Waterloo "

Edited by JonnyOldBoy
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

A family member is a trustee for a charity based in East London. She was told at the last board meeting ; " Not sure you should bring that bag with you next time unless you get her by taxi from Waterloo "

Which brand of bag ?