• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Graham60

WRUW Saturday 8th Feb 2020

Morning:)

Early start today, originally Cup match today was on the schedule, but now off to catch train across to @tick-tock-tittle-tattle way for Hosp visit, been waiting just over two years for a minor procedure, local hosp always full so off to one in a nearby area.

So this for a couple of days.

Citizen AT2396-86E

Citizen AT2396-86E

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3133 Strela homage.  You can't beat the original, but this isn't too shabby.IMG_20200208_081433428(1).thumb.jpg.5427354567266e7304d7327e2f6373c2.jpg

I like this Dassari strap, it's not too floppy, because it's two-ply, but neither is it too thick for 'normal' spring bars.

It's 20mm but forgiving enough to fill the 19mm lugs without buckling.

IMG_20200208_081649996(1).thumb.jpg.91e846c6a8578c5c8e20fcbc49be5d4e.jpg

HAGD

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Graham60 said:

So this for a couple of days.

See you back in a couple of days :) :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, martinzx said:

I am now wearing my Vintage Omega f330 Connie

20200208_093140.jpg

Another cracker martin. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

All the best.

+1

Morning,

Today it’ll be this Everite which, along with Helvetia, was one of the “sole UK distributor” brands of H (for Harriet, incidentally) Samuel, the Jewellery retailers established in 1862. 

This one runs on a 17j AS/ST 1950/51.

Regards.

Everite 2019 v.2.jpg

Everite AS.ST 1950.51 v.2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

SEIKO 5 DX MADE SEPTEMBER 1967 (6106-8000) ON VINTAGE BAMBI BRACELET

I have chosen not to refurbish this watch as it came off the production line in Japan as I took my first breath in Dryburn Hospital Maternity Unit in the beautiful city of Durham.

It runs a little slow (just like me), it has dents and scratches (just like me)... it is my watch twin! Every collection needs a birth watch.

a76046f64cbf1f891aaa24142f3895d8.jpg

3 hours ago, Graham60 said:

Early start today, originally Cup match today was on the schedule, but now off to catch train across to @tick-tock-tittle-tattle way for Hosp visit, been waiting just over two years for a minor procedure, local hosp always full so off to one in a nearby area.

I hope your procedure goes well at Dr Grays today, a nice watch to wear for a couple of days.

I am not a big fan of hospitals so I hope you get out of there pronto, and you hop, skip, and jump out of the place.

All the best matey....let me know if you need some grapes and a get well card bringing in. :biggrin:

Paul

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

SEIKO 5 DX MADE SEPTEMBER 1967 (6106-8000) ON VINTAGE BAMBI BRACELET

I have chosen not to refurbish this watch as it came off the production line in Japan as I took my first breath in Dryburn Hospital Maternity Unit in the beautiful city of Durham.

It runs a little slow (just like me), it has dents and scratches (just like me)... it is my watch twin! Every collection needs a birth watch.

a76046f64cbf1f891aaa24142f3895d8.jpg

I hope your procedure goes well at Dr Grays today, a nice watch to wear for a couple of days.

I am not a big fan of hospitals so I hope you get out of there pronto, and you hop, skip, and jump out of the place.

All the best matey....let me know if you need some grapes and a get well card bringing in. :biggrin:

Paul

Interesting, I was looking at 64 Seikos, they do seem reliably datable (missed a 64 benrus front loader through haggling lol) but went for an early Poljot in the end.  It is nice to have a birthyear watch.  I also found a model that I owned when I was 11 or 12  as my first 'grown-up' watch, ironically from @scottswatches 

58441305_132346461169933_338823794677461

I think I'll give it an airing tomorrow.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

^^^^ Bombproof – like your old Alfa 

Everything on that car worked, just not necessarily at the same time. :tongue:

• Haha 6