• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Always"watching"

Incoming Sekonda 200 Metres: Making Up the Set

Pretty much since I started collecting watches, I have sought out the Sekonda dive watches with 200 metres water resistance (all quartz, it seems). I have now got examples of most of these watches but I know I am missing the (seemingly rare) Sekonda Xpose Scuba Chronograph, which I hope to find in good order for a reasonable price. Another model that I knew I still hadn't got was the Sekonda Scuba, a 200 metre WR watch also in the Xpose collection. But fortunately, I spotted NOS examples of this watch going on Amazon for just under £25 yesterday and I promptly ordered one, which arrived today in spite of Storm Ciara raging.

The box the watch came in is not exactly the correct original, being for a 50 metre WR swimming Xpose model, but I can forgive this. The watch itself is really rather nice, with a 42.06mm stainless steel case, domed mineral glass crystal, unidirectional black bezel, lumed hands and markers, and textile strap. My example is the black dial version, with this model being produced in two colourways - a blue dial version as well as the black, as shown below. The watch has a screw-on caseback but does not also have a screw-down crown, and is 13.2mm thick. The quality overall is within the expected parameters of Sekonda's better quartz watches and I am pleased with my purchase. If I see a blue dial example going cheap I might be tempted...

sekonda-xpose-material-strap-scuba-watch

(Pic from hollinsandhollinshead.com)

s-l1600.jpg976349404_tp.jpg

976349401_tp.jpg

(Large pic from i.ebayimg.com, andsmaller pics from img.auctiva.com)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shades of the old Tag Heuer F1, can't go wrong for £25

• Like 3