• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Longines Hydroconquest In Khaki / Green

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longines have introduced a new Hydroconquest in khaki and green . https://www.hoursandminutes.co/introducing-longines-hydroconquest-now-in-tones-of-khaki-and-bright-green/

I think it's the dog's, and I want one. Here's hoping Parnis make a version I can afford 

RRP = £1230

35 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Thanks for that :thumbsup:...

I think I was getting the OP picture confused with the Boutique edition that has a vertical brushed ceramic dial on a Bracelet.. I believe the version priced at around £1200 is a solid green dial.... im sure I read somewhere that the Boutique Edition was around 2000 Euro.

But I stand to be corrected said the man in the orthopaedic surgery... 

30 minutes ago, Speedy112 said:

the Boutique edition that has a vertical brushed ceramic dial on a Bracelet

This model (the Boutique edition ) with the silicon balance spring . I have read that it may be priced closer to £2000 in the Watchchonicler article below .

RuolYHHl.png

https://www.watchchronicler.com/new-release-longines-hydroconquest-in-green-chasing-green-hype-or-something-special/

Edited by Tazmo61
7 minutes ago, Tazmo61 said:

But I wouldn't trust the prices given in some articles , some of them are wrong .:rolleyes::laugh: Has I found out earlier today on the Khaki model .

The Boutique may well be trying to sell a "special" edition for two grand... but at the end of the day... these are £500-£1000 watches in my most humble of opinions. I actually own a Longines Conquest that retailed at around £900 and I think I paid around £680ish for it. It is fabulous for the money , but has compromises on the bracelet build and fitting and has a screw-in crown system that is commensurate for a £500-£1000 watch. The conquest range of watches are not £2000 watches.

• Like 2

The new Longines divers are really nice, especially the Matt grey version.

I considered purchasing it along with the Moonphase but the clasp on the bracelet was awful. Not something I’d expect at that price point.

It’s not something many people pick up on but on a luxury watch I want that clasp to be machines out of a solid chunk of metal as per other higher end models from other manufacturers.

5 hours ago, Igerswis said:

I considered purchasing it along with the Moonphase but the clasp on the bracelet was awful. Not something I’d expect at that price point.

It’s not something many people pick up on but on a luxury watch I want that clasp to be machines out of a solid chunk of metal as per other higher end models from other manufacturers.

I would add that Longines bracelets are not particularly well designed for comfort for some wrists.  They look nice and are well finished but not in the same league as Omega/Breilting etc etc.

6 hours ago, Igerswis said:

The clasp on my Air king is frankly awful.The opposite of my 58, Seamaster and Aquaracer.

At sub £1k the Khaki looks a good buy but North of £1k, not my money.

11 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

but at the end of the day... these are £500-£1000 watches in my most humble of opinions.

I couldn't agree more . I have also owned a Longines Hydroconquest and was happy with what I paid for it (£500) . I personally wouldn't pay the extra for the upgrades on the Boutique edition ( zerconia ceramic dial , metal rim on lume pip and silicon balance spring ) but some others probably would . With £2000 I would be looking somewhere else .

43 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

The clasp on my Air king is frankly awful.The opposite of my 58, Seamaster and Aquaracer.

At sub £1k the Khaki looks a good buy but North of £1k, not my money.

To be honest the Bracelets on the Rolex 4 or 5 digit S/S ref numbers are pretty crap to what was available at the time from say Omega..

These days so may companies clearly spend more money on the presentation box than the strap or bracelet of their products..

if you want to see a great quality bracelet take a look at the Glashutte SeaQ 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Speedy112 said:

To be honest the Bracelets on the Rolex 4 or 5 digit S/S ref numbers are pretty crap to what was available at the time from say Omega..

These days so may companies clearly spend more money on the presentation box than the strap or bracelet of their products..

if you want to see a great quality bracelet take a look at the Glashutte SeaQ 

I've just had a look and see what you mean, nicely brushed too.Its not a watch I've ever seen before to be honest.

Just as well it's out of my price range :laugh:

I'm a fan of the new Hydroconquest. I think it has tidied up the slightly messy dial of earlier versions and I very much like all of the colours they come in, especially the new khaki and and the ceramic bezel is an upgrade. I'm not sure if there have been any tweaks to the movement though? The khaki ceramic dial will obviously add to the cost, which I will await with interest.

• Like 1
On 10/02/2020 at 11:00, JonnyOldBoy said:

Terrible design overlook with the latest Hydroconquests. 

The "12" and the "6" replace the marker pips , but the "9" sits along side one !?!? Seriously !?!?

[ It made more sense with the previous versions , because they had inner mini baton markers inside the pips ]

Can’t unsee that now. You’ve ruined it for me :0

• Haha 1