• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
EricCai

CRESTICAL TX-1 Titanium Customized Dive Watch

What's going on, divers and watch collectors! I just got my PADI dive master license and start to look for a new diving watch, then I saw this Crestical TX-1 on kickstarter recently and found that pretty cool.

64371f8c6df7c34454909c39ae3b686b_origina

What I like about it the most is the duel bezel design which gives me a 24-hr GMT bezel for adjusting time zone while traveling and an inner bezel for calculating dive time. Of course you can use a dive computer for this, but I think most people prefer a real watch when it does the same thing and has luminous coating (for both outer and inner bezel).

fad53a230bfe8a930becd4451172b95f_origina

A little bit more detail about it:

Titanium-made housing and strap

b4b0bec6d789b2226385a0e8389ffe1c_origina

Sapphire crystal

609aa46fecd76596e4c8844ca36060af_origina

Duel Bezel (as mentioned before)

144e91577ebca240e1e40830b07fc671_origina

065bbe601a3486935ca35bb19c9c9b36_origina

Helium Escape Valve (which releases the helium gas when returning to surface and prevents the glass from popping out), and it says 300-meter waterproof, when 40-meter is actually enough for most fun divers.

6d620af5d5f9cd13aaf431f204a2ef27_origina

What I like this campaign (other than the watch itself) the most is that they offer diverse customized options for me to kind of design my own configuration

f3f97a227a4d919b83c35cf954de4a72_origina

However, I'm pretty lazy to think of this while enjoying my diving journey. I chose the Dark Knight from their recommendations here

f7e9ed486b6c115a5e2618e762ac9e5e_origina

Here's the campaign for you to check out, have fun diving and hope the information helps!

CRESTICAL TX-1 Titanium Customized Dive Watch

@EricCai

I have allowed this post but please be honest about who you are, you work for the company behind the watch, you are not a customer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

'Crestical' is I guess a bit of an unfortunate name - although I guess the person who thought of it was having a bit of a laugh :biggrin:

I wish you well in the campaign - it seems a good watch but I'm afraid I won't be backing as I've already backed the Nardi - and have something else lined up as well.

17 hours ago, Roy said:

@EricCai

I have allowed this post but please be honest about who you are, you work for the company behind the watch, you are not a customer.

Has he given you one to review Roy then raffle off if it gets the go on kickstarter.

reminds me of crestical its frothy man

Edited by bowie

Just now, bowie said:

Has he given you one to review Roy then raffle off if it gets the go on kickstarter.

No he hasn't.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Roy said:

No he hasn't.

I think he might struggle as so many different options to choose from, he may end up dropping a clanger & send Roy the wrong variant which the forum will hate. Who knows he might no even work for the company lol...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Craftycockney said:

Who knows he might no even work for the company lol...

His email address suggests he does :laugh:

• Haha 3

That name !

19 hours ago, Craftycockney said:

Crestical' sounds like an STD around the testicles.

New bit of rhyming slang.

Apart from the lies, the name (!) and the page full of mistakes... I must admit to finding the dual-bezel / Ti case / GMT combo very appealing.

On 12/02/2020 at 11:15, ziggy1024 said:

I must admit to finding the dual-bezel combo very appealing.

Dual-bezels have been done before....

Seiko Sports 5 Land Shark Automatic with Inner Rotating Compass ...

Personally I prefer Roy`s modified version which I happen to own...

SEIKO RLT SKZ211, cal.7S36, 23 Jewels (made in April 2005)

1170107933_SeikoRLTSKZ211cal.7S3623Jewels(madeinApril2005).jpg.e46ac9f178017b6f8da7ad7a9d2aceae.jpg

678310418_SeikoRLTSKZ211cal.7S3623Jewels(madeinApril2005)2.thumb.jpg.e46c00dd13606d7c9395578f88a84142.jpg

I have found this watch to be very useful on occasions :thumbs_up:

• Like 3

I wouldn’t have thought it was very practical as a dive watch, having the elapsed time on the inner ring means trying to fiddle around under water with the crown whilst most likely wearing gloves. 

2 hours ago, DJJazzyJeff said:

I wouldn’t have thought it was very practical as a dive watch, having the elapsed time on the inner ring means trying to fiddle around under water with the crown whilst most likely wearing gloves. 

Or typing that e-mail up to get sent before 10 o clock tea break. Because lets be honest, barely any dive watches see diving. 

On 13/04/2020 at 06:00, r-macus said:

Or typing that e-mail up to get sent before 10 o clock tea break. Because lets be honest, barely any dive watches see diving. 

As I`ve mentioned before - I can`t even swim - my ancient ancestors crawled out of the water & I have no intention of disrespecting them by going back in apart, obviously, from bathing/washing or showering :tongue:

A nice enough looking watch, but attempting (and failing miserably) to post a sneaky sales pitch, while trying to sound like he's not linked to the Kickstarter campaign?  I don't think so, and the fact that he's done one post then disappeared says it all.  Shame, because the product looks pretty good, but has been ruined by a pathetic marketing attempt which has gone pear-shaped in a big way.

@Roy should have booted his @rse out the door on day one IMHO.