• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Cyclops930

Picked this up yesterday.

Not sure this will get much love but ho hum I like it and have been waiting patiently for it to arrive since its launch.

f086036973aa226841a18453702a8664.jpga6fbff2340a61cfb7cb2d07b7824d568.jpg

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Cyclops930 said:

Not sure this will get much love but ho hum I like it and have been waiting patiently for it to arrive since its launch.

Yes, I've had one on recently, and they are a lot better in reality than in pictures. I'd need to shift something first though. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cyclops930 said:

Not sure this will get much love but ho hum I like it and have been waiting patiently for it to arrive since its launch. emoji16.png

Really like it and :feck: to those who don't...

• Haha 1

I have to agree looks alot better on the wrist than the ***** marketing pics. It's starting to grow on me.

Congratulations on the watch!

• Like 1

Well i was not going to comment, but as seeing you gave the finger. I have to say that is one FUGLY looking watch! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Winner in my book. I can't help but think it would visually 'work' better on a bracelet though... do they offer one or is it all about staying true to the original?

3 minutes ago, ziggy1024 said:

Winner in my book. I can't help but think it would visually 'work' better on a bracelet though... do they offer one or is it all about staying true to the original?

Thanks Tudor don't offer the option of a braclet in order to remain as true as possible ( ugly ) to the prototype, some owners have put theirs on a metal braclet. I'm going to have a play around with some options.

9 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Well i was not going to comment, but as seeing you gave the finger. I have to say that is one FUGLY looking watch! :laugh:

I didn't give the finger it was @Speedy112 :sign_what:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ziggy1024 said:

If you have it in front of you, I would say it wouldn't work on a bracelet.

@Cyclops930 does the bezel lock, lock in any position or only at 12 ?

The salesman in the shop I went into was too much at the hard sell rather than tell me more about the watch, or let me handle it other than try it on, so I left him to. Plus he wanted 50% up front wouldn't sell me the shop one and told me longer waiting lists were imminent.

• Like 1

yes divided opinion when launched I think,  I don't do crowns at 4 on any watch really but that's me  , but I know the watch will be quality :thumbsup:

njoy

deano

• Like 1

[mention=52050]Cyclops930[/mention] does the bezel lock, lock in any position or only at 12 ?
The salesman in the shop I went into was too much at the hard sell rather than tell me more about the watch, or let me handle it other than try it on, so I left him to. Plus he wanted 50% up front wouldn't sell me the shop one and told me longer waiting lists were imminent.
@WRENCH The bezel locks in any position ( OCD warning)
805eac27af848abbf896171aca6fcb95.jpge621aa14d0101b7025d028afbdf89460.jpg

29 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

@Cyclops930 does the bezel lock, lock in any position or only at 12 ?

Its a piece that is causing some confusion amongst the people ..it is available at RRP some AD's will tell you its a wait list piece and some have it in their window..similar story to the BB58

And Well know Grey market Dealers are taking the proverbial trying to take advantage of said confusion at £1000 over RRP.in the UK

I have seen this piece  priced at over £5k....

I think its a great piece different from the norm and stays true to the Original which remains very much sought after

Apologies to all if I offended anyone with my :feck: salute ..but please do not confuse me with someone who cares what others think of watches that I like...:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

As bit of advice don't put your new watch on top of your full cup of coffee to take a picture . I mean what sort of total muppet would do that.

The leather strap seems to have survived, good job it was brown to start off with.
f5fd4bad02cad4bc82ba544b164d0508.jpg

• Sad 1

At first glance I really liked it. I've been going off it ever since. Are the lugs as long as they appear to be? 

I really, really like the strap and buckle.

• Like 1

At first glance I really liked it. I've been going off it ever since. Are the lugs as long as they appear to be? 
I really, really like the strap and buckle.
Submariner 47mm
Blackbay 50mm
P0-1 55mm
The lugs curve down a lot.

b3e06afead1ae132f94afba66fafd419.jpg

1 hour ago, Cyclops930 said:

I didn't give the finger it was @Speedy112 :sign_what:

Another senior moment... They seem to be increasing these days... Very sorry.:(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For me it's a bit of a curates egg, many things I like but many things I am just not sure of :sorry:

Here's the original prototype "Commando" from 1967

Fullscreen capture 11022020 141303.bmp.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cyclops930 said:

@WRENCH The bezel locks in any position ( OCD warning)

Thanks, I though so, but the pushy salesman told me it only locked a 12 leaving the lock open, which I was pretty sure wasn't correct.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Thanks, I though so, but the pushy salesman told me it only locked a 12 leaving the lock open, which I was pretty sure wasn't correct.

Come on, you want it :thumbs_up:

7 hours ago, Cyclops930 said:

Not sure this will get much love but ho hum I like it and have been waiting patiently for it to arrive since its launch. emoji16.png

:thumbsup:thumbs up from me.:yes:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

Come on, you want it :thumbs_up:

Of course I do, but this has taken precedence,

large.15803907615966692561614694480389.jpg.fd5c347f3d5388991495d7313fbd8cb0.jpg

Why I do not know. :sign_wtf:

Edited by WRENCH
  • Like 1