• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Darrel22

help with quartz watch

https://imgur.com/eaNwny7

ronda one jewel , Found this watch in a house clearance, Wasn't working so I took the case off and unlocked the stem  , Didn't have a battery in and I didn't have one to try but I noticed the cooper strip that the battery lays on  wasn't there,  I think its snapped as you can see a small piece there in the seconded picture, also not sure but I think a piece of metal is missing from the top that goes over the battery but not sure about that , I Don't think the watch is worth much so I don't think sending it to be repaired is viable . If I could solder some wire to that little bit of cooper it might work but I don't think I can get a solder tip in there as it is , I could try taking the dial off the movement and get close but I have never done this and would probably need a tiny screw driver , and I mean really tiny for them screws . So what do you think I should do?  is this scrap, is it worth trying just to have a go ? any ideas welcome .

eaNwny7.jpgwWO6N3S.jpgMJDdAvN.jpg

12 hours ago, Biker said:

Probably buy a ronda movt for a couple of quid, no?

yes  ordered one , I got the watch hands off just using some thin flat head screw drivers not ideal but worked ,  just wondering what to use to get the hands back on? I don't really  want to spend to much if anything on tools as I don't think I will been needing them very much .  

8 hours ago, Darrel22 said:

just wondering what to use to get the hands back on

I bought a "watch hand presser" tool off eBay for about £3.50. Without something to apply even pressure around the spindle, you'll be likely to bend the hands.