• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Espghost

Hi ,hope someone can help ?

Hi all ,new to forum ,and am not a watch collector or enthusiast, but recently acquired a watch in a box of old bricabrac, and intrigued to know more about it ,an Omega de ville with a Arabic design on the face ,just hope I can post pics ! 

Just figuring out how to post pics ! What is URL ?? 

9 minutes ago, Espghost said:

Hi all ,new to forum ,and am not a watch collector or enthusiast, but recently acquired a watch in a box of old bricabrac, and intrigued to know more about it ,an Omega de ville with a Arabic design on the face ,just hope I can post pics ! 

Can you post a link to the pictures ?

54 minutes ago, Espghost said:

Some info here on posting pics, you will need to use an image host

thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/103087-how-to-post-a-picture-on-the-forum-using-a-third-party-host-new-for-2016/

Many thanks ,I'll take a look and try to get some pics up 

IMG-20200117-WA0001

Picture thing is frustrating me ,boiling my urine actually 

42 minutes ago, Espghost said:

Many thanks ,I'll take a look and try to get some pics up 

IMG-20200117-WA0001

Picture thing is frustrating me ,boiling my urine actually 

Set an account up on here (free) https://www.flickr.com/

Take photo on phone, upload to flickr, copy flickr link of photo, insert URL onto the watch forum.

46 minutes ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Set an account up on here (free) https://www.flickr.com/

Take photo on phone, upload to flickr, copy flickr link of photo, insert URL onto the watch forum.

Thanks ,will try !

39 minutes ago, Filterlab said:

:laughing2dw:

That’s a new one on me! 

Sorry ,just frustrated 

Got the Flickr  account, what now ,just have loads of great arty pics to view ,how do I get mine on ?? 

18 hours ago, Espghost said:

Thanks ,will try !

Sorry ,just frustrated 

Got the Flickr  account, what now ,just have loads of great arty pics to view ,how do I get mine on ?? 

Download Tapatalk on to your phone, free on Google play or Apple.

Find the watch forum on Tapatalk, log in using same username and password.

Take picture of watch with phone.

Find this thread on Tapatalk.

Scearch phone for picture of watch.

Seclect picture.

Post picture of watch.

Job done now sit back and await replies whilst having a cuppa   :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Espghost said:

Thanks ,will try !

Sorry ,just frustrated 

Once logged in you'll see "recent activity" on the RHS., Press it! You'll then see a cloud in the top LHS, press this too!

This will now allow you to upload photos.

Once you've uploaded photos they will appear in your photostream where you can copy the URL and paste on here.

12 minutes ago, royalwitcheese said:

Posting pics on here is more difficult than other forums I’ve used, especially if you don’t want to use Tapatalk.

I find it easy. If you get the picture up on whatever image host you use and copy and paste, or use the forum gallery, which couldn't be simpler.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I find it easy. If you get the picture up on whatever image host you use and copy and paste, or use the forum gallery, which couldn't be simpler.

This. The forum software even embeds the image automatically if you just paste the link in.

2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

That’s how it works on other forums and it’s easy however I followed the instructions on this site a few days ago which are different to that and it didn’t work. I’ll post this afternoon to test it.

Thanks.

Test....

E1-DF18-B1-B176-4066-806-C-92972-B900-B2upload picture and get link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, royalwitcheese said:

Can anyone see the pic or is it a reference starting with E1-?

The pic is there for me

Back on the original subject... I'm going to have to say fake. Omega with Arabic numerals?! Without even seeing the pix. I know, stepping out on a limb here.

2 minutes ago, Mechanical Alarm said:

Back on the original subject... I'm going to have to say fake. Omega with Arabic numerals?! Without even seeing the pix. I know, stepping out on a limb here.

Are you serious ?

"Arabic numerals are the ten digits: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. The term often implies a decimal number written using these digits, which is the most common system for the symbolic representation of numbers in the world today."

here's an Omega with Arabic numbers. :thumbsup:

o21530402001001.jpg

22 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Are you serious ?

"Arabic numerals are the ten digits: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. The term often implies a decimal number written using these digits, which is the most common system for the symbolic representation of numbers in the world today."

here's an Omega with Arabic numbers. :thumbsup:

o21530402001001.jpg

What a brain fart ! ! Sorry. I'm still going to stick to the "fake scenario" because of the box of tchotchkes.

Edited by Mechanical Alarm
  • Haha 1