• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
KAS118

Mitchell Timepieces Raider

I’ve been seeing this pop up on some Facebook groups - and must say I really quite like it. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mitchelltimepiece/mitchell-timepieces-raider-pilot-watch

I bought one of their more modern watches, the B2, last August and think it’s very good. So when this campaign goes live I’m tempted to go for it.

It’s a homage to the A10 watch that I understand was issued to the American military in WWII and comes in white and black dial versions, with the option of Steel or Bronze for both.

The white is a full line dial - and as I don’t own a watch like that it is this one, in SS, that I think I’ll go for.

Movement is a Miyota 9039 - my only experience with this make is the 9015 I’ve got in the Newmark 71 and I have to say I’m blown away by that - it averages just +0.7 secs per day.

I think Kickstarter costs will be $315 but of course there’s tax and postage to go on top of that. However, I think it’s a good price.

2b2e64621dc9f89b0a59d5226ea7827e.jpg26fac5841083cd47f3e57c03f5b85b13.jpgad5b3a23b64b4dc1d0767c2cc9aa6777.jpg77c03f5b941e4a89354d171beda4eb18.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Opppsss, sorry I’ve got fat fingers - white is full “lume” not “line”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Video review had just gone up on it. Really think it looks

http://

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me personally, when a new homage watch comes up like this Mitchell, where the design aesthetics are hardly original, other aspects become increasingly important such as quality and finish, decent specs and price/value for money. If it deserves to do well on all counts then I hope it will do well.:)

• Like 1