• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Filterlab

WRUW Friday 14th February

Timex great britain v conic escapement shock resistant timex. It was my mums when she was learning to tell the time probably in the mid 1950s. I would not wear it on pink in yorkshire  @deano1956 by eck luv appy valantines thas looking reight gowrgus

15816767911171802148650.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Filterlab said:

On to the lovely Sharkmaster - for Pete. :biggrin:

BB143695-578-A-4-BCE-A498-5547-AF4286-D7

Are you trying to wind @BondandBigM up:biggrin:. In all fairness it looks better to my eye than some of the rolex ive seen on here lately. @martinzx its pretty good isnt it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1963 Seagull on light brown leather strap today. The ticking is so loud that, sitting in the quiet office, I'm constantly reminded of it. Shouldn't be any louder, but it's a lovely detail as is. 

seagull

• Like 16

28 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

A bit of a marmite watch...

Not for the smaller wrist, this bad boy turns a few heads (and a few stomachs)

Dali Supersize Melty Melty :biggrin:

9924372383a6538092dc7588e5664c10.jpg

Ok I know what you're thinking...he doesn't wear that, but I rather wear this than a Fauxlex, a Fauxmega or any fake for that matter.

Maybe you should consider changing your avatar...

Image result for salvador dali

:biggrin:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Maybe you should consider changing your avatar...

Image result for salvador dali

:biggrin:

I do like Dali, but I am a big fan of Albert, but to be fair the comparison between the two of them is a good one as they have both illustrated that time is 'flexible'  

24 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I do like Dali, but I am a big fan of Albert, but to be fair the comparison between the two of them is a good one as they have both illustrated that time is 'flexible'  

As Mr Adams once said - "Time is an Illusion, lunchtime doubly so"  :tongue:

• Like 2

Talking of Faulex, I got this out of the box for the first time in ages. Very comfortable, doesn't hang on my wrist like a brick, unlike other watches I have on bracelets.

Invicta 8932A

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

Are you trying to wind @BondandBigM up:biggrin:. In all fairness it looks better to my eye than some of the rolex ive seen on here lately. @martinzx its pretty good isnt it. 

It really is an astonishing piece. I’ve had over a thousand watches in 12 years so I have a reasonable comparator, the quality of this belies belief. I know it’s a homage piece, but it’s a seriously good timepiece in its own right. 

If I had a spare £12k then I’d consider a Deep Sea, but I don’t so I can’t. :laughing2dw: This is as near as I can go currently. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, spinynorman said:

Talking of Faulex, I got this out of the box for the first time in ages. Very comfortable, doesn't hang on my wrist like a brick, unlike other watches I have on bracelets.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a decent homage, what I am totally against is a out and out Rolex fake.

To be very honest with you I have been considering a Pagani Design Sub Homage as the specs for the price make it a great homage 'beater'

PAGANI-DESIGN-Fashion-Brand-Creative-Lux

A bargain at £60.00 ish, check the specs for the the price, it's crazy!

Seiko NH35a

Sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel

100m of water resistance (but you would never see me putting it anywhere near water) 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Nigelp said:

Thank goodness. A normal bloke. No kisses no pink and a fisherman coat that smells of trout. 

Sorry to disappoint but I'm a vegetarian.

• Like 1