• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Matt_Tow

Hermle Mantle Clock info

Hello all,

I am an keen collector of wrist watches so naturally I love reading this forum however, I am not knowledgable on Clocks.

I was given this Hermle Mantle clock from a family member as it runs 15 mins late. I do not know anything about it and I am not really a fan of it and it’s loud ticking so am pondering the idea of selling it. I have no idea reading it’s value nor it’s rarity.

i have managed to find the clock on the Hermle website but I believe the wood on mine is not mahogany, it’s a lot lighter in colour.
https://www.hermleclock.com/Product/debden-7264

I have taken images but can not find a way of posting them in the post.

Any information any friends can give would be really appreciated!

Best, Matt 

There appears to be on ebay 2nd hand 10 bids and upto £93 so far - maybe worth tracking the sale price? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hermle-Arched-Mahogany-Mantel-Clock-BY-FRANZ-HERMLE/333504972560?hash=item4da6720710:g:ap8AAOSwepleOVyP

Personally I think it's desirable but there are plenty of low value alternatives out there and given it's losing a fair amount of time a service will be needed/ budgeted for. The actual case material will likely add or subtract to its desirability some kind of decent veneered fish will be better than a sprayed/ stained cheaper case.

I paid £70 for a 40's mantel clock which was guaranteed for a year and had had a clean/ lubrication. Bought from a reputable local antique shop and picked up by me as I don't believe these travel too well.

In terms of rarity - they still appear to be for sale and without a waiting list.

Edited by wrenny1969

Thank you for the information, I will definitely keep an eye on that eBay item (end in 4 hours) so will be interesting to see the final price. 

I will also look into getting it fixed. Hoping it will not cost too much!

Best, and thanks again,

Matt

4 hours ago, Matt_Tow said:

Thank you for the information, I will definitely keep an eye on that eBay item (end in 4 hours) so will be interesting to see the final price. 

I will also look into getting it fixed. Hoping it will not cost too much!

Best, and thanks again,

Matt

selling price £260 - I'm surprised by that to be honest.

26 minutes ago, wrenny1969 said:

selling price £260 - I'm surprised by that to be honest.

I’ve managed to find them new for £500 so I’ll definitely think about selling mine now.

many thanks for your help 

• Like 1