• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Tazmo61

Casio G Shock HM Armed Forces

At 53mm, that watch is way to big for me, so only beefy soldiers need apply. I reckon that at the estimated price of about £450, this model will sell well, partly because it is a limited edition. What I don't quite understand is the nature of the "partnership" is between the MoD and Casio G-Shock. Is the new G-Shock going to actually be issued to soldiers, or will it be recommended by the MoD as a suitable battlefield accessory? It has been suggested that the partnership with the MoD may result in G-Shock watches for the Royal Navy and the RAF.

31 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

Is the new G-Shock going to actually be issued to soldiers, or will it be recommended by the MoD as a suitable battlefield accessory?

No.  And no  :tongue:

But it does feature camouflage on the strap, so enemy snipers won't be able to see you while you're trying to work out the Bluetooth functions, which will almost certainly be less than useless on the battlefield... :laughing2dw:

I actually quite like it, but at 450-ish quid I think it's a bit steep, and well above my pay grade anyway.  If they ditched the pointless Bluetooth and sensors, but kept the carbon fibre case, I'd be more interested.  Nice to see decent clear hands that are easily readable as well, which is unusual on a modern watch these days :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Slightly higher spec than a G10 is it. ? :laughing2dw:

Thumbs up from me. :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Davey P said:

If they ditched the pointless Bluetooth and sensors, but kept the carbon fibre case, I'd be more interested

Do what I do, ignore them. :laughing2dw:

Well to be honest I don't understand what they do. :(

• Haha 1

I like it. The collaboration with the MoD simply means that the MoD told Casio which features would be useful to them, not that it'll be issued or recommended. The colours are good and the functions useful. It's big at 55mm but no bigger than other large Gs.

It's a winner for me :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

I'd like to see the strap and case done with some of the modern camo available, not the old fashioned random blocks of drab colours. Some of the camo that we use for fishing these days is so effective it knocks spots off the old stuff.

Old...                                                                                   New...

Image result for fishing camo       Image result for fishing camo

I find that dial far too busy, nearly every other military watch I've seen has a simple, easy to read dial - I'd struggle to quickly tell the time from that, let alone having bullets whizzing over my head!

20 hours ago, Davey P said:

But it does feature camouflage on the strap, so enemy snipers won't be able to see you while you're trying to work out the Bluetooth functions, which will almost certainly be less than useless on the battlefield... :laughing2dw:

I actually quite like it, but at 450-ish quid I think it's a bit steep, and well above my pay grade anyway.  If they ditched the pointless Bluetooth and sensors, but kept the carbon fibre case, I'd be more interested.  Nice to see decent clear hands that are easily readable as well, which is unusual on a modern watch these days :thumbsup:

You can achieve the same look Davey for under a tenner !

71LgUGhPhvL._AC_UY780_.jpg

Edited by sparrow

22 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I'd like to see the strap and case done with some of the modern camo available, not the old fashioned random blocks of drab colours. Some of the camo that we use for fishing these days is so effective it knocks spots off the old stuff.

Old...                                                                                   New...

Image result for fishing camo       Image result for fishing camo

Does the second one hide you from the fish any better? :partytime:

On 14/02/2020 at 11:53, Davey P said:

Yep, like the look of it very much myself, but without the features I'd never use at half the price would be tempting.