• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

How many have you said it? 

Did you do it?

How long did you last?

What broke you?

I'm upto 15 with 1 incoming, a rather nice little Kickstarter... Then that's it for me!*

I've spunked money on them over the last 2 to 3 years, lots of ins and a few outs. I have all the watches that I need (like 14 too many!) and am so grateful and proud of my little ensemble

A recent lull work wise has made me realise that I can't just buy what I lust for. Time to love what I've got!

* The Bremont supermarine S501 is a bit special tho isn't it :yes: 

Edited by Jonesinamillion
  • Like 8

How many have you said it?

Far to many

Did you do it?

Hell no.

Im trying to keep the collection in single figures ,seven at present.

• Like 1

Not bought anything for months but with 80 odd I have a lot to be going on with.

9 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

How many have you said it? 

Did you do it?

How long did you last?

What broke you?

I'm upto 15 with 1 incoming, a rather nice little Kickstarter... Then that's it for me!*

I've spunked money on them over the last 2 to 3 years, lots of ins and a few outs. I have all the watches that I need (like 14 too many!) and am so grateful and proud of my little ensemble

A recent lull work wise has made me realise that I can't just buy what I lust for. Time to love what I've got!

* The Bremont supermarine S501 is a bit special tho isn't it :yes: 

Lull workwise here too which has been a catalyst. Yes there are a lot of high end watches I admire but don't have a need for so thats it for the forseeable.

• Like 1

i have no plans for a new watch  this year and that might stretch into next year im happy with what ive got at the moment . what i do have plans for is fitting a kitchen easter and a new bathroom next easter but what i have been doing is up grading my braclets with miltat offerings i am getting my fix from that at the moment .

None for me now for the best part of a year (apart from a freebie from @Davey P at Christmas). I have other interests now that I've retired, and will be looking to offload a lot more watches this year. Time has no meaning when you're retired, and you simply don't need to keep looking at a watch. Who cares what time it is... I don't anymore! :thumbs_up:

• Like 2

Always said never any more than six.

Currently at five.

On the hunt at the moment, with one sort of for sale, not really bothered either way etc etc.

So for me at least, I have stuck to my ceiling of 6 and do sell to buy if I have to, to keep it at that.

• Like 1

the Nardi  is going to be the last one for me that's if it happens well until i have a re think :tongue:

well I am at 13 with one for sale , I will stick to my 12 ,BUT with retirement looming very shortly I am not sure how it will pan out, as the venerable other members on here who are living the high life of retirement:biggrin: seem not to need any or very few watches ?

At this moment in time I am on the active  hunt of a /one last retirement watch purchase for myself ( it will be a good un :laugh:) ,

however in view of the above statement I do have a nagging doubt whether to spend the money or the necessity of still having 12 watches  ?

deano 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Always said never any more than six.

Currently at five.

On the hunt at the moment, with one sort of for sale, not really bothered either way etc etc.

So for me at least, I have stuck to my ceiling of 6 and do sell to buy if I have to, to keep it at that.

That's a very sensible number!

My ceiling was 12 based on my old watch box .. then some idiot got me a 2 drawer 20 spot watch box which i interpreted into some kind of challenge!

As well as a fascination for watches, a love of variation and a bit of an addictive personality, I think my problem lies in that I haven't found my "grail", I thought my D Hodge was it, then my Tudor may have been, I think the Bremont could be and I also now think there's no such thing!

Edited by Jonesinamillion
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Time has no meaning when you're retired, and you simply don't need to keep looking at a watch. Who cares what time it is... I don't anymore! :thumbs_up:

What`s time got do with anything?,I`m also retired  & I collect watches just because I like them, simples  :tongue:

Edit - I forgot to mention that I haven`t a clue how many watches I own :huh: :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I bought a nice 10 slot box and have stuck to it for a couple of years now.

Might try and get to three one day. Speedy Pro, Explorer 2 and a Blancpain FF Automatique. 

• Like 2

I'm going through that phase at the moment nothing interests me , cash burning a hole in the old pocket .

I just see all the cash I have thrown away and realise I could have bought a small island in the Caribbean :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mcb2007 said:

I'm going through that phase at the moment nothing interests me 

I sold a watch yesterday and have spent most of the day browsing ebay and nothing is taking my fancy so I know exactly how you are feeling 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ive never really been a more than one watch man, i went 2 years with just a lognines HC when i joined. I find they irritate me if they are sat about, i get bored of them and end up just wearing a fave. For a long time it was the gold zenith now with @martinzx i loved that still do, but i still move on and im shallow i dont get attached to anything in life i can cut things dead and people if needed. Im good at walking away always have been, rarely sentimental and never any regrets. However ive worked on the 1 in 1 out principle which has wittled me down to two watches and i could easily live with just the sarb...problem is for the first time ive got a bit attached to a second fave in the sacm...but i don't intend to add a 3rd. 

:biggrin: live and let live. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Well, I own around 160 watches.

I swore blind NO MORE WATCHES THIS YEAR!!!

I have bought 3 so far, and have around 10 on my Ebay watch list.

I didn't last one month.

Thank you, you've assuaged my guilt wonderfully. Not meaning to pry, but are they all decent quality or are there a load of cheapies/non-runners in there?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GASHEAD said:

Thank you, you've assuaged my guilt wonderfully. Not meaning to pry, but are they all decent quality or are there a load of cheapies/non-runners in there?

Based purely on the watches that you sell (every single one has sorely tempted me!), I'm in awe of your collection @GASHEAD . How many do you own at any one point roughly?

It is an eclectic mix of anything and everything. I buy what gives me the 'fizz' and that can be anything.

I own lots of Seiko Group watches, vintage (1960's 1970's) modern, old, manual, automatic, quartz and kinetic.

Rolex modern and antique (WW1 trench watches)

Gallet, Avia, Colant, Timex, Waltham, Elgin, etc, etc

But... the 'fizz' is everything, and that can be a £9.99 watch or a watch costing thousands.

A good watch is a good watch no matter its cost.

916UyKn-4QL._AC_UL1500_.jpg17303046_3_640.jpg

• Like 3