• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
federico_francescon

Granpremio Monoposto: Automatic Watch Inspired by Vintage Cars

Hi guys! I’m Federico from Italy. Since I was a child I always been interested in the racing and vintage car world, I dreamed of working with engines and mechanical parts.

when I grew up, it was normal to approach the world of mechanical watchmaking, since  it shares the same goal of cars and engines, they always seek optimal performance.

For this reason I begin developing my own project, Granpremio Monoposto, an automatic watch inspired by iconic vintage cars and race.

I post some pics of my watch, I hope you’ll appreciate it! I would be glad to receive your feedback!

Here some tech specs:

• CASE: 42mm, 316L Steel
  • GLASS: Sapphire Crystal, anti-reflective coating
  • MOVEMENT: Customized Miyota 8217 (Made in Japan)
  • CROWN: Screw-down crown
  • LUME: C1 Swiss Superluminova
  • WATER RESISTANCE: 10 ATM

More pics of the watch at: https://bit.ly/2SNxp2d

1.png

49023300417_1ba7c08e61_c.jpg

Glass-copia.png

MATT0511-1030x687-1030x687.jpg

Sketch-copia.png

• Like 2

Particularly like the orange on the rally strap, you've done a great job!

If you want my opinion (and you probably dont:laugh:), personally I think the logo is far too big for the dial and I would have loved a slightly bigger crown to set it off.

Very nice, looks like a very well executed piece. To echo the other comment, a larger crown would complete it perfectly. 

I might be wrong but aren't the tachymeter markings on the dial a little non functional without the ability to stop start the second hand based on what's being timed?

I too like what you have done though - what might it retail at if it were in production?

On 15/02/2020 at 20:37, Jonesinamillion said:

Particularly like the orange on the rally strap, you've done a great job!

If you want my opinion (and you probably dont:laugh:), personally I think the logo is far too big for the dial and I would have loved a slightly bigger crown to set it off.

I'd agree with that.