• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Richard734

T5 Dissapointment...

So, winging my way to Bangalore, sat in the BA lounge having just hit WoS and the Rolex shop, before the other DFs. 
Rolex had no men’s watches at all, not a single one. Even the precious metal ones were missing.

WoS not much better, but the prices were high, and not moving beyond the VAT on anything - looked at the Tudor Rsnge, Longines Hydroconquest and a couple of Omega Seamasters, but I could get better prices on the high street.

had a quick bash through regular DF looking for the GA2100, no joy there either.

here is hoping BGL duty free is better.

:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

The entire point of shopping in the UK is just to sell as much stuff to as many naive punters as possible.

Edited by Rotundus
You are welcome
  • Haha 3

Notwithstanding earlier responses you have to question the point of the Rolex outlet is if they don't have any men's watches at all. The inference being they just have women's watches?

Everyone knows the only thing that sells at airports are these

Screen-Shot-2019-02-17-at-11.19.30-PM.pn

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, wrenny1969 said:

Notwithstanding earlier responses you have to question the point of the Rolex outlet is if they don't have any men's watches at all. The inference being they just have women's watches?

It is where they have been making the vast majority of their money in the last couple of years. Lady sparkled-up Datejusts on Bi-metal or Precious metal. Yes of course it helps that that's all they have to sell anyway, but the story that the trust got shafted on the precious metals futures market a few years back certainly is not appearing a ridiculous suggestion.

Back to Toblerones .... they are just lush for reasons I can't quite fathom !?!?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Back to Toblerones .... they are just lush for reasons I can't quite fathom !?!?

Yes, it's weird. I don't like any other Swiss chocolate. 

• Like 2

I'll have a dark chocolate Toblerone please... Lush!

But haven't the number of mountain peaks been reduced, in the game of smaller amount/higher price?

21061_EP_02.jpg

(Pic from eurosuper.net)

On 17/02/2020 at 14:37, wrenny1969 said:

Everyone knows the only thing that sells at airports are these

Screen-Shot-2019-02-17-at-11.19.30-PM.pn

Now THAT’S a f**kin’ Toblerone! :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1