• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
alanbra

Sekonda 21 jewels 2428

Saw this watch in a shop the other day and liked the look of it, it was in such great condition, it looks like it has hardly been used, if at all. I've seen a silver version of this watch on here but can't find any examples of gold versions.

Apparently it's a slava double barrel 2428 but wondering how old it is and what kind of value it has, being in such good condition in box. It has a price tag of £17.95 on the box with a shop logo which is from between 1968 - 1993.

photos of the watch: https://imgur.com/a/tQjIxmK

• Like 1

I would date that watch to the mid or later 1970s. I have a Sekonda mechanical with a similar button on the side of the case but have forgotten exactly what it does...:)

• Like 1

As @Always"watching" has already said, mid to late 70s. Here's the Slava version (Sekonda was an export name for a variety of Soviet watch brands) of your watch in the 1979 Slava catalogue:

1979-20.jpg

The button on the side is for changing the date - to change the day you have to cycle the hour hand. £18 seems like a very fair price in that condition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1