• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Mechanical Alarm

Back on TWF with an Update of the Collection...

Been MIA For Awhile and Thought I Would Update Some of the Current Stuff

I used to be pretty active here, but the last few years, life, other forums, interests, etc, have sorta gotten in the way. At the suggestion of another well known member, he asked me to post some of my newer acquisitions, I decided it might be a good idea after making a couple of quick posts. I have popped in occasionally when an email showed up, etc. Seems that us serious watch guys, never actually get away from watches or the hobby, does it?

I can't really remember what I have posted in the last few months, so I'll just throw a few of the newer ones out there and see what sticks.

*** Caution: Picture Heavy ***

I've been supporting a lot of the micro-brands lately and a few Kickstarter projects.

1st - a Yema Superman Heritage in Bronze with a gorgeous blue dial and in house movement in a Limited Edition.

20191025-160451.jpg

20191025-160142.jpg

Then, a brand that I am particularly fond of, TCM - Terra Cielo Mare. Another diver. I am also, rather fond of large watches, as well and this one really fits that bill!

20190903-164029.jpg

20190903-163523.jpg

Oh man... another diver. This time an Aquadive (an old name - revived) in another Limited Edition of the Poseidon brand, a collaboration of the diving equipment manufacturer. Pretty cool.

20191129-094306.jpg

20191129-091724.jpg

Also, this thing lights up like a torch!

20191129-132234.jpg

Not a great wrist shot...

20191129-093610.jpg

Hmmnn... another diver (I see a pattern developing here). This one I saw and took a liking to. Another blue dialed watch. This is my Zeno-Watch Basel, with an HRV. Yet, another big chunk!

b71d896f7874bef5c2d8e638665ad52e.jpg

e017b941ed82f2c45d6e24ca2812a6a8-large.j

275f73a9bacf73ec3eeaf2f07cce19de-large-1

20191223-135759.jpg

A newly released Zodiac Aerospace in a very Limited Edition of just 182 in the Gulf Colors and a 182 in the Black version. Another GMT (like the Aquadive). I fell in love with the Gulf version and ordered within a few hours of it's release and got one of the last ones! It was one of the big hits at Basel this last year.

20191022-142303.jpg

20191023-112442.jpg

Then another revival that I thought might make a quick "grab & go" quartz. A blue dialed (hmmnn... another pattern?) Ikepod 2 hander. Not a lot of wrist time with this one. I guess I'm just more of a mechanical watch guy.

20190802-105045.jpg

20190801-014003.jpg

So, this only covers the last few months!

A shot of the "recent" family with a couple MIA...

20191227-121745.jpg

And yes, Martin I still have the amazing, Omega blue dialled Moonphase Speedy! Thanx for asking!

20170807-134438-zpssxk0zoki.jpg

20170310-110338-zpspom9fkne-1.jpg
I'm the guy that can't possibly bear to get rid of any watches! After picking up the Yema and the Zodiac, I realized that I had completed the entire alphabet! Meaning, I have at least one watch brand starting with every letter in the alphabet (some brand's/letters, over 20!). I actually started a thread about it, on another forum.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a small novella! Seems, I have good intentions of starting a small thread and this is the way most of them turn out. Thanx for making it all the way through!

Good to be back and 'see' some old familiar faces!

How 'bout you guys, any new treasures, I may have missed?

Oooppss... I sat down to write this a few weeks ago and now there are a couple of incoming. I'll update again... later! 

Thanx for everyone's patience!

• Like 11

Now, I can't even edit the op! What's going on?!

Can one of the Mods please delete and I'll start over?! Like I say... it's been awhile.

Edited by Mechanical Alarm

21 minutes ago, Mechanical Alarm said:

Now, I can't even edit the op! What's going on?!

Can one of the Mods please delete and I'll start over?! Like I say... it's been awhile.

I will fix it, give me 20 minutes :laugh:

You don't get unlimited time to edit a post, can't remember what it is 5 minutes maybe

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mechanical Alarm said:

Thanx JoT!

It'll take me a lot longer than 5 minutes!

Done :rltrlt:

.... and welcome back!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JoT said:

Done :rltrlt:

.... and welcome back!

Thanx a lot man... YOU ROCK ! !

Can you PM me and let me know what was wrong?

14 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Hi, Robert...great to hear from you again! Love that Aquadive with the yellow accents and strap... and that lume is awesome. :thumbsup:

Thanx Roger... I should have known that would be your favorite! Yellow is the wife's favorite color. I better switch it over to the black ISOfrane that it came with, before she makes off with it!

Edited by Mechanical Alarm
  • Haha 1

Welcome back buddy great collection and the zodiac looks lush defiantly a gulf racing colour bezel insert that’s drawn me to it 

• Thanks 1

"Oooppss... I sat down to write this a few weeks ago and now there are a couple of incoming. I'll update again... later!"

Another update, as promised:

Wanted to share my latest vintage grail with you. It's another Wittnauer (I think this is like the 15th one!). This one is pretty rare, as I have only come across about 4 or 5 in all my years. It is also an alarm (guilty as charged) that is very hard to find in original, good, working condition. The alarm function is set via the bezel that you rotate Counterclockwise to wind and set! The problem is that you have to be careful about over winding and stripping the bezel teeth, etc. The alarm function is under the dial. Quite an unusual movement and Wittnauer refers to it as a 10 WA (Wittnauer Alarm?). While looking at another completely non-watch related site, I saw a fellow wearing a version of a 3 hander, non-alarm model... I had never seen one and did not know they even existed! I contacted him and now, I own both and just a few weeks apart!  What a strange and awesome hobby, huh? I love the vintage dials and the Art Deco applied numerals. I believe these were only made for one year and possibly, just a few months! I am not a great photographer and wish you could see these in person as the squiggly alarm hand and the second hand on the 3 hander are really nicely blued.

Here they are, again pix heavy... sorry!

20200207-105322

20200207-163607

20200209-115959

20200207-164134

Thank you all, for your kind comments, welcoming arms and sticking it out!

Robert

• Like 1