• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Andy3

Avia-matic incabloc information

Hi, this Avia-matic incabloc was bought in 1958 in New Zealand by my father. It originally had a very unusual octagonal glass fitted but unfortunately was replaced in the 70s with a plain glass. I have, since being given it by my dad, had it fully serviced, had another new glass fitted and the chrome refurbished. I am interested in any information regarding this model especially the unique original glass, the watch repairer i took it to had never heard of an octagonal glass on any avia watches. I wonder if it was only fitted to Avia watches sold in the Asiatic/South sea areas of the world. Any help would be appreciated.49552598016_581a22897e_b.jpg

• Like 1

Dear Andy, you might like to know that I wrote a topic for the Forum about Avia which was titled, "Avia: Forgotten but not Gone". This topic was posted on 7 June 2015 and will be available through the Forum search feature.

I hate to disagree with you about the date of your watch but this model is most certainly post-1960 and probably dates to about the mid-later 1960s. The presence of an original watch glass that was octagonal plus the general colour scheme of your watch reminds me of a class of watches from the period that were more "colourful" in approach; sometimes produced with middle-Eastern and Indian subcontinent markets in mind.