Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
scottswatches

worst watch bodge?

Recommended Posts

I saw this for sale today.  I think it is the worst attempt at making something better I have ever seen, and I have bought an Omega with the bracelet joined by a paperclip!

 

Please add yours

 

s-l1600.jpg

  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2020 at 16:48, scottswatches said:

I think it is the worst attempt at making something better I have ever seen

The Sharpie school of dial restoration does seem quite popular. Just came across this gem on ebay.

s-l1600.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to assault your eyes, but couldn't resist. Apparently the dial on this is in near mint condition.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by spinynorman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Sorry to assault your eyes, but couldn't resist. Apparently the dial on this is in near mint condition.

s-l1600.jpg

missed that at first

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spinynorman said:

Sorry to assault your eyes, but couldn't resist. Apparently the dial on this is in near mint condition.

s-l1600.jpg

 

As it’s not a Pozi-drive I assume restoration commenced pre 1963 ?:tongue:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2020 at 16:48, scottswatches said:

I saw this for sale today.  I think it is the worst attempt at making something better I have ever seen, and I have bought an Omega with the bracelet joined by a paperclip!

 

Please add yours

 

s-l1600.jpg

@scottswatches Must of sent it to the same dial refinisher as this one of mine :laugh:

49650512878_de4bdf3c35_b.jpg

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...