UK Watch Forum banner

IS WATCH MODDING A HOROLOGICAL SIN?

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Jet Jetski 
#1 ·
Up until now I have considered modding to be a total sin, but if someone wants to mess around with their own watch then it's their watch to 'destroy'

I know there are a huge amount of people that modify the Seiko SKX, and there are people out there that are happy to modify their Rolex (Rolex are not quite so happy with the idea)

But......

I own 2 x Seiko 7T62-0CV0 'Daytona' models and I am seriously thinking of turning one of them from this...

87f9e7d7f2658fd002342ad0519fb1e1.jpg

to something like this...

33210255_178901622816446_249639299998705

Thanks to ANIMAL-WORSHIP@animalworship at toopics for the image.

I know the bottom picture is a 7T32 but I am thinking of modding my 7T62 to look like the that.

Am I a bad boy, a sinner to be thinking of doing some DIY with my spare 7T62-0CV0 'Daytona'?

See less See more
#4 ·
I must admit that I do have mixed feelings about modding watches but, in the final analysis, I come down on the side of liberalism and wouldn't criticise members who enjoy modding watches. My slightly puritanical edge when it concerns to my own collecting and historical researching means that I myself prefer watches to remain as they were when they left the factory for the first time, rather than be modified later. In matters of cosmetic taste and aesthetics, I have seen some horrible modifications of what were really nice watches, but I have also seen some quite sensitively handled mods that give the watch an interesting and/or pleasing look. As a final note, I think that Steve (WRENCH) has a point in preferring mods that are not geared towards trying to recreate another well-known or classic model by way of a homage; the personal touch is more welcome as a mod to my way of thinking.

#6 ·
You have put my mind at ease.

My thoughts are that I have 3 x 7T32-7C60 Panda dial watches so one will be used and kept in 'Project' mode, and the dial will be put on a brand new 7t62 movement.

I can then swap them out to my hearts content...until I want to sell the 7T32-7C60 Panda.

Cheers guys, I don't feel like I am going to be a watch butcher, a watch serial killer, a sinner :evil9kf:

#7 ·
You have put my mind at ease.

My thoughts are that I have 3 x 7T32-7C60 Panda dial watches so one will be used and kept in 'Project' mode, and the dial will be put on a brand new 7t62 movement.

I can then swap them out to my hearts content...until I want to sell the 7T32-7C60 Panda.

Cheers guys, I don't feel like I am going to be a watch butcher, a watch serial killer, a sinner :evil9kf:
Go for it, you can always put it back to how it was if you don't like it or want to return it to original :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.