UK Watch Forum banner

SANSUI vintage digital watch - anyone heard of them?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  PAG 
#1 ·
Part of job lot of scrappers was this little cutie - looks to have been hardly worn! I put a battery in and it fired up nicely!

The dial has Japan 9468 - 396232 KA - I cant find a thing on the web about them, has anyone heard of them? I'm thinking it may be a giveaway type watch as Sansui made audio equipment.

Anyone else own one?

Watch Rectangle Clock Wrist Font

Magnifying glass Automotive lighting Hood Watch Automotive exterior

Watch Tints and shades Watch accessory Rectangle Clock

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Sansui was founded in 1947 in Tokyo, Japan. The original product was transformers but the firm branched out to encompass various audio products which it produced for more than fifty years. Sansui "peaked" somewhere between the late 1970s and early 1980s, when it was a well-known company around the world. Sansui products, some of which are rated highly as classic vintage audio, came to be recognised by their adoption of black front panels with white lettering. In the late 1980s, Sansui retreated from the US market but continued in limited production until 2001, when the firm closed its corporate HQ in Shin - Yokohama.

#5 ·
I have a Sansui watch #9468. The watch was a giveaway promotion for Sansui in the early to mid 1980's. I think the product was made by a third party and badged as a promo freebee. Mine is working and I would like the instruction manual. Please supply the URL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.