• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Lug

SANSUI vintage digital watch - anyone heard of them?

Part of job lot of scrappers was this little cutie - looks to have been hardly worn! I put a battery in and it fired up nicely!

The dial has Japan 9468 - 396232 KA - I cant find a thing on the web about them, has anyone heard of them? I'm thinking it may be a giveaway type watch as Sansui made audio equipment.

Anyone else own one?

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

Sansui was founded in 1947 in Tokyo, Japan. The original product was transformers but the firm branched out to encompass various audio products which it produced for more than fifty years. Sansui "peaked" somewhere between the late 1970s and early 1980s, when it was a well-known company around the world. Sansui products, some of which are rated highly as classic vintage audio, came to be recognised by their adoption of black front panels with white lettering. In the late 1980s, Sansui retreated from the US market but continued in limited production until 2001, when the firm closed its corporate HQ in Shin - Yokohama.