• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Top tips...the title says it all. A thread where members can pass on their solutions to everyday problems. I'll start with a tip regarding the later Dyson stick vacuums (V6). If it starts 'pulsing', then cuts out after a few seconds, it means something is blocking the airflow. Usually, this means the canister is full, but if it continues to pulse after emptying the bin,  the most likely culprit is a blocked pre filter...the bit that sticks in the top of the machine. Pull it out and wash it under the tap and put on top of a radiator to dry. Check there's nothing trapped inside it...like dust and other rubbish, so turn it upside down and tap it to check...ours was full of polystyrene beads from when we had the walls insulated, and we hoovered them up. If that fails, buy a new pre filter.

Incidentaly, I bought an aftermarket battery pack from ebay when our original Dyson battery wouldn't hold charge after 5 years use. It's the same voltage, but a higher amp hour rating, so it lasts much longer per charge than the original Dyson one. It has the same blue charging indicator lights, which go out when fully charged, as per the original. It cost me £19.00 as opposed to £65 for a genuine Dyson one. 6 months in, and it still works perfectly.

On to you now...add your top tips that might help other members. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

5011417563083_08c_bq?scl=1These are the mutts nuts for cleaning a manky cooker.:thumbsup:

image.png

image.png

Edited by Biker
  • Like 2

Upside down fruit bowls make great centre parcs for ants.

They say keep your friends close but your enemies closer still, thats why in the pub the other night when i saw the guy whose been s~@+#&*g my wife i went and sat next to him and never left his side all ******* night. 

• Haha 2

Health tip.

Spray your chips with Mr Muscle, it cuts through grease and makes your meal much healthier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spirit vinegar - use to clean a shower and help prevent soap and scum build up on shower walls and doors

• Like 1

On 28/02/2020 at 20:19, JoT said:

Spirit vinegar - use to clean a shower and help prevent soap and scum build up on shower walls and doors

Does it leave a smell?

11 minutes ago, Biker said:

Does it leave a smell?

Initially but it soon goes, I live in a hard water area so it also gets rid of limescale buildup

Top tips for watch owners.

"Alway take pictures of your watches with the hands obscuring the day/date window. This helps when joining a watch forum, and posting on the what are you wearing threads"

Archibald Arbuthnot, Paisley.

Dirty leather can be cleaned using cheap hair conditioner.

Stay 6' away from the nest person for the foreseeable future

• Like 2

On 23/02/2020 at 17:36, WRENCH said:

Wear a waterproof jacket in the rain.

On 23/02/2020 at 18:37, Pete wilding said:

Don’t go out in the rain

Don’t go out. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Filterlab said:

Don’t go out. 

Don't go.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Filterlab said:

Please don’t go, don’t go-oo-woh-oo-woh. Don’t go away. 

I hope you can sing better than I can:wacko:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Filterlab said:

In my mind you're a superb singer sir.

And I'm not talking about your sewing talents.

I discovered when all my class apart from me were in the choir, that I wasn't a singer :laugh:

• Haha 1

I discovered on my 60th birthday a few weeks ago that it's not a good idea to let your so-called "friends" choose your fancy dress costume....

IMG-20200307-WA0001

They will all look cool in their stylish Top Gun outfits, while you will be forced to look like an utter bell end in an uncomfortable and ridiculous inflatable plane :laughing2dw:

IMG-20200310-WA0000

:thumbs_up:

3 minutes ago, Davey P said:

in an uncomfortable and ridiculous inflatable plane 

So the wig's fine ? :toot:    :laughing2dw:

8 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

So the wig's fine ? :toot:    :laughing2dw:

Shhhh, we don't speak about the wig......... :whistling: