• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
steve downes

almatic watch

Does anyone know anything about almatic watches?

an internet search only came up with one which sold in 2013 in an auction in newcastle.

That said it was a pilots watch.

An early twentieth century Almatic antimagnetic pilot's wrist watch.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/thomas-n-miller/catalogue-id-srthomasn10004/lot-cbae5f87-913a-4376-ad96-a434010335c8

Do you own an Almatic watch yourself? It's easier to help if we can see a picture of the actual watch you want to know about. You would need to upload a picture of the watch to a hosting site like Flickr or Imgur, then copy the link into a post here.

its exactly the same as the one that was in that auction with the red numerals.

I found this in a job lot that I got at an auction that I purchased because there was a smith bigtime pocket watch in the lot. This almatic watch was in the bottom of the box

I believe that this is the so-called Almatic pilot's watch you mention in your thread-head, Steve (picture credit has already been given in your link):

Image result for almatic wrist watch images

The brand name, Almatic, belonged to Alpina/Union Horlogere SA who at the time were located not only in Biel and Genf, Switzerland but also in Germany and France. The trade name, Alpina Almatic, was registered by Alpina Watch International Ltd./Alpina Union Horlogere SA (watches and watch parts) in December 1973. The history of Alpina has been quite well documented and there is information online via Google. As to your own watch, I would like some decent pictures to go on, and the movement might also help to date it. My feeling is that the watch in the saleroom catalogue, shown by me above, may date to the 1940s but again, decent pictures would have been helpful.