• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

WRUW Tuesday 25 Feb

Morning...

C1000 TYPHOON FGR4.

Cal: Valjoux 7750, 25 jewel, ceramic case.

xo9izGk.jpg

eHnl5gp.jpg

SCMda2A.jpg

Edited by Karrusel
  • Like 16

Back to 'old faithful Smithy' today. Bought on a whim as I was suddenly hit by 'explorer-itis' and couldn't drop 5k on a 'real' one if I could even find one. Even these can be a bit tricky to get hold of, especially this 40mm version but I got lucky. 36mm version is more popular and has more versions (dial colours / designs) but with my mammoth wrists I can barely pull off the 40mm, a 36 would be far too small.

Watch itself wears lovely (clasp is a bit bulky for some but I love the adjustability) quality is exceptional for the price. A very easy watch to like if you get the 3-6-9 explorer bug.

36-CDF5-EF-7843-46-D7-91-E8-512253191-D0

• Like 17

Morning,

Today will be this Ingersoll from around 1930, with a silvered dial and 34mm polished nickel plated carré- shaped case.

This effort  is a product of the long ago association with Junghans of Germany, being driven by the Junghans Cal. J53, previously identified as simply the Cal.13’’’ which came from the Junghans factory in Schwenningen whilst their better, jewelled movements were produced at the Schramberg plant.

Prior to being repurposed as a gent’s wristwatch, this calibre had also been known in the 1920s as “Miss” having been installed in pocket watch models for ladies, and also as “NOBRK” to promote the notion of its staff pivot being “so constructed that it is shock-proof and practically NONBREAKABLE”, not a claim which I intend to put to the test.

Although DOA with much of its hairspring wrapped around the top of the centre wheel, a loose balance bridge and a grubby movement as black as the Earl o’ Hell’s waistcoat, it’s now back to fully functioning, leaving only a replacement movement screw to find sometime.

Regards.

Ingersoll 1930s after 5 v.2.jpg

Ingersoll 1930s Junghans J53 after v.2.jpg

• Like 18

Sometimes extra time is a good thing.

Last summer, I put my Zürich Braungold up for sale. Nobody wanted it, which is a good thing as by now I would have had "seller's remorse". So much so, that I'm now thinking of "investing" further in the brand.

CA3z5HA.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon all, this one today .. have a good rest of the day if you can :)

8DPWzz7.jpg

6 hours ago, badgersdad said:

This is just so easy to wear. 

IMG_20200225_093523.jpg

That is lush ... one question plse .. how do you set the alarm on this .. other ones Ive seen have a separate small dial ?? very nice :thumbsup:

• Like 11

Keeping it simple...

Pure Mecanique  (Arabic), SEIKO Cal.NH35 24 Jewels

2085206767_Pure-Mecanique--Arabic-BW.thumb.gif.095dc4500c734dca863dd2bfca23d551.gif

Roman (Seagull Cal.3600 17 Jewels)

278627352_Pure-Mecanique-Roman-BW.thumb.gif.d683da7b77ad8a3210c918bb72fac84c.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 9

Got to give this more wrist time:cool:.....

iJucgrT.jpg

1968/9 watch, almost 'new old stock'. came in a box, with the service booklet, the strap tag and what appears to be the original strap from new...(which I replaced with the crocodile strap....)

cjxfCKF.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sulie said:

That is lush ... one question plse .. how do you set the alarm on this .. other ones Ive seen have a separate small dial ?? very nice :thumbsup:

You rotate the crown to select Alarm, then use the pushers to set it. It's a genius movement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1