• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

WRUW Friday 28th Feb 2020

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Habe a great Friday watch fans. I am wearing my vintage Zenith Pilot cal 2572 PC E circa 1974  And a song from the same year   

Have a good day everyone. I'm off to, Romford. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jet Jetski said:

that is very nice, I am thinking about a Vosto auto too, although perhaps I should sell something first.  I do like this one, especially the 'no date'.

Thanks, it performs really well and lends itself well to a shark mesh bracelet (from WatchGecko). As you will know the original bracelet was pants. Simple Seiko style bezel mod too.

No date is a bonus too for that grab and go day.

• Like 2

A Lejon watch sporting a Unitas 6313 movement, which makes the case a respectable 34mm. The wordmark was registered in 1912 by Albert Kenel's Manufacture d'horlogerie "Lion" of Porrentruy, along with LÖVE (which I can't help pronouncing "Luuurve"). The two brands were traded as a package, in 1937 to E. Jacquat Armida Watch, and from there to Camille Barré of Bressaucourt in 1940, who probably made this Lejon for the Swedish market late 1950s or early 60s - "Lejon" translating as "Lion" in Swedish ("LÖVE" is "Lion" in Danish). The Lejon brand had several later owners and is currently registered to a Georges Barré at an address in Stockholm. The two-tailed lion and shield was registered later, but went through a similar path of ownership. It was also used on Leijona watches destined for Finland, where they were retailed by Oy Perkko. Leijona and the lion are still used on watches sold by Oy Perkko in Finland.

Lejon Unitas 6313Unitas 6313 in Lejona watch

Edited by spinynorman
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I had to take Caroline for her annual  appointment with the Dentist this morning, a 50 plus mile round trip. I wore  the Steinhart (set to 12 before we left) to time the journey (yeah I know  I could have used a chronograph but  where`s the fun in that) &  the  Glycine  just for telling the time :tongue:

STEINHART MARINE TIMER SWISS MADE, Unitas cal.6498 17 Jewels & GLYCINE INCURSORE (3804) 200M, SWISS MADE, Unitas  cal.6497 17 Jewels.

1881399628_Steinhart--Glycine.gif.d42d50d57765878e24ff6f35af726c37.gif

I swapped over to these when we came home...

ВОСТОК (АМФИБИЯ) КАПИТАН ПОДВОДНОЙ  кал. 2416B 31 камень, Сделано в России

(Vostok  [Amphibia] Captain Submarine, cal.2416B 31 Jewels. Made in Russia)

1893824940_().2416B31(VostokAmphibiaCaptainSubmarinecal.2416B31Jewels.MadeinRussia).gif.27b45bb554e0b01566d2d4cee3da94a4.gif

АМФИБИЯ ( ВОСТОК) кал. 2416B 31 камень, Сделано в России

( Amphibia  [Vostok], cal.2416B 31 Jewels. Made in Russia)

1414035128_.2416B31VostokAmphibiacal.2416B31Jewels.MadeinRussia.gif.b5889eed4ed4f592034e263c1ce7f3a3.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...