• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I agree, that will be a winner. No date version for me. Compared with some other "faux" military retro options from other manufacturers, the price is acceptable too.

The case size is perfect for me, and the lack of water protection isn't an issue. :thumbsup:

Edited by WRENCH

£250 for a basic quartz watch.  Few years back the civilian equivalent of the Pulsar G10 was about £40-£50 the Pulsar chronograph was £60.  CWC G10s have gone from about £80 to £200 minimum in a few years that’s more than100% mark up!  And people have 10 page threads on a Rolex 5% mark up.

• Like 1

Decisions decisions! The Mellor72 is temptingl but so is the non date T20 but I have my eye on a 1976 model also (but do I need the extra expense of a service)?

Could do with a three sided coin.    :mad0218:

6 hours ago, ZenArcade said:

And people have 10 page threads on a Rolex 5% mark up.

Correct, but a slightly different outlay. Plus I don't remember anyone being forced at gunpoint to buy a watch. Maybe to part with one, but that's a different set of economics.

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

Correct, but a slightly different outlay. Plus I don't remember anyone being forced at gunpoint to buy a watch. Maybe to part with one, but that's a different set of economics.

I don’t remember saying guns were involved in any watch purchase so don’t know where you got that from.

1 hour ago, ZenArcade said:

I don’t remember saying guns were involved in any watch purchase so don’t know where you got that from.

You didn't, not were you required to take it literally. I must watch my step, cotton wool approach and all that.

MV5BMTkzNTM1Mjc4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTM2

hush hush.

23 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

You didn't, not were you required to take it literally. I must watch my step, cotton wool approach and all that.

MV5BMTkzNTM1Mjc4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTM2

hush hush.

Yawn

1 hour ago, Allthingsmustpass said:

That went south quickly, don't let it become like TZ guys! 

Well, what is your opinion regarding the CWC watch them ? My opinion is still the same, it may be/seem overpriced, but it does offer something with genuine retro appeal compared with other military inspired watches on offer. Possibly another contender would be a Hamilton H68311533 or H68411533 33mm/38mm, both quartz, and can be had for around the same money. :yes:

81HgdYCDIfL._UY500_.jpg

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

Well, what is your opinion regarding the CWC watch them ? My opinion is still the same, it may be/seem overpriced, but it does offer something with genuine retro appeal compared with other military inspired watches on offer. Possibly another contender would be a Hamilton H68311533 or H68411533 33mm/38mm, both quartz, and can be had for around the same money. :yes:

81HgdYCDIfL._UY500_.jpg

Well I like the watch, wasn't so keen on the TZ style squabbling. Not laying blame anywhere, it's just that the thread seemed to head that way.

• Thanks 1

I like the homage to the 1970s CWC watch, but a cheap quartz movement instead of an ETA jewelled movement at that price?

I'll pass, and keep my G10 WWEGS.:yes:

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the pic folks :)

I think in the current market it represents decent value, as does the Hamilton Khaki.

A plea please - as others have said, please please please don't let this place mirror the squabbling and vitriol present on TZ. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Stan said:

I like the homage to the 1970s CWC watch, but a cheap quartz movement instead of an ETA jewelled movement at that price?

I'll pass, and keep my G10 WWEGS.:yes:

Not with you on that one ? The spec says Ronda 715.

https://calibercorner.com/ronda-caliber-715/

Is it a lesser movement to an ETA?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Not with you on that one ? The spec says Ronda 715.

https://calibercorner.com/ronda-caliber-715/

Is it a lesser movement to an ETA?

In my opinion, the Ronda 715 movement is an inferior movement to the ETA 9xxx movement fitted to the original CWC G10.

The movement in the G10 is also seen in some high (ish) end watches like the Omega SMP.

The 715 is an "average" quartz engine, in my opinion.

The G10 was function over form, not a toy.

It could had better water resistance, but the MoD often miss the mark.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stan said:

In my opinion, the Ronda 715 movement is an inferior movement to the ETA 9xxx movement fitted to the original CWC G10.

The movement in the G10 is also seen in some high (ish) end watches like the Omega SMP.

The 715 is an "average" quartz engine, in my opinion.

The G10 was function over form, not a toy.

It could had better water resistance, but the MoD often miss the mark.:rolleyes:

I looked at the CWC (Silvermans?) site earlier today. The price tags on these new watches sting like what I suspect a Christmas tree might,  heading the wrong way up ones fundament. I suppose there are no actual new/real military watches anymore. This situation certainly appears to have ended that affordable tool watch niche CWC used to occupy. :(

Later,
William

• Like 2

On 01/03/2020 at 21:24, Allthingsmustpass said:

Well I like the watch, wasn't so keen on the TZ style squabbling. Not laying blame anywhere, it's just that the thread seemed to head that way.

Like the look of the Hamilton apart from the strap, that white stitching looks cheap IMO, probably just go for a Nato strap or a light tan leather. Really like this style of watch, maybe my next purchase though probably look to buy privately over retail prices. 

• Like 1