• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
al_kaholik

Luch 3055 - back down the Russian rabbit hole

Just taken delivery of one of the wonders. Electro-mechanical! I pondered hard on the guilloche design and the horizontal split dials but settled on something that was proven working and had a video as such. Seeing this dial in the flesh I'm smitten with my purchase and opening the case back is very interesting too.

Need to learn the Cyrillic days of the week and get some very short straps - I don't have anything in stock for the last purchase either at the moment which is very frustrating. I welcome suggestions for short straps at reasonable prices.

49609195948_e76980bab6_c.jpgLuch 3055 by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

49609194528_d5290fa5ea_c.jpgLuch 3055 movement by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

• Like 4

These don't look right on leather in my opinion because of the shielded lug design of the case.  It makes the strap look too narrow.  The best solution I've found is the bracelet from a Casio A164W LCD.  You can buy the bracelet separately for around £20 but you may find it cheaper to buy the entire watch just to get the bracelet :laugh:  It doesn't fit perfectly but it's pretty darn close.

luch-casio-bracelet.JPG    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, al_kaholik said:

Just taken delivery of one of the wonders. Electro-mechanical! I pondered hard on the guilloche design and the horizontal split dials but settled on something that was proven working and had a video as such. Seeing this dial in the flesh I'm smitten with my purchase and opening the case back is very interesting too.

Need to learn the Cyrillic days of the week and get some very short straps - I don't have anything in stock for the last purchase either at the moment which is very frustrating. I welcome suggestions for short straps at reasonable prices.

49609195948_e76980bab6_c.jpgLuch 3055 by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

49609194528_d5290fa5ea_c.jpgLuch 3055 movement by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

http://www.netgrafik.ch/cyrillic.htm

Regards.

• Thanks 1

My Sekonda Xpose Scuba also has shielded lugs and I too wondered about the problem of a new strap looking too narrow for the watch if I was to replace it with a different type of strap. Sekonda have got round the problem with this watch, and the other models in the Xpose range, by using a fabric/velcro strap which is essentially two-layered - a narrow strip on top of a wider strip with the latter going beneath the watch back rather than being attached to the lugs. When I first wore the watch, I was a bit underwhelmed by this type of strap, but judicious adjustment, including cutting the end of the thin velcro strip a bit shorter to accomodate my thin wrist, has improved matters and the watch looks pretty good on the wrist. I show this type of strap here below, on Sekonda Xpose models - other makes have also used this type of strap and a friendly jeweller assures me they are available (pics from graysonline and, below, toskadirect at cdn.shopify.com):

Image result for sekonda Xpose watch strap images

81DgRPIjKpL_530x.jpg?v=1571717615

(Pic from toskadirect at cdn.shopify.com) 

• Like 1