• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Did you ever buy something, and then wonder what you bought it for when it arrived?

I just received a tube of blueing paste, I must have been of a mind to blue something.  I'll try it out on the 'new' hands I put on an old ZIm, while I am trying to remember.

Did anything drop through your letter box and have you scratching your head?

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 1

I do sometimes wonder why I get up in the morning...today being a good example costing me a (painful) sizable three-figure sum :wacko::(

But wrt the OP I mostly forget to order something I need, rather than the other way around :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

200 brass Chicago screws, and a Tam O Shanter bonnet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

a Tam O Shanter bonnet.

now your fixation with cheap Russian watches is starting to make sense, McWrench ....

20 minutes ago, Jonesinamillion said:

A miniature titanium grappling hook... I really have no idea to this day why but it's effing amazing :laugh:

https://www.heinnie.com/titaner-grappling-hook-titanium?gclid=CjwKCAiA-vLyBRBWEiwAzOkGVE-Bb6nlKsOzaubk8DQu8ZKrjCSYGAVSW8w5R4titNnZZuKqZ4KOoRoC_zIQAvD_BwE

The Titaner Titanium EDC Grappling Hook is a lightweight, high quality pocket size hook ideal for getting you out of those annoying tricky situations.

Exactly what situations do you get yourself into?

Now I know what to buy my BIL for his 60th birthday - a man who literally has everything - EXCEPT A MINIATURE GRAPPLING HOOK!

I have not laughed out loud for a while, thanks!

6 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

now your fixation with cheap Russian watches is starting to make sense, McWrench ....

Ussr-robertburns1956.jpg

22 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

The Titaner Titanium EDC Grappling Hook is a lightweight, high quality pocket size hook ideal for getting you out of those annoying tricky situations.

Exactly what situations do you get yourself into?

Now I know what to buy my BIL for his 60th birthday - a man who literally has everything - EXCEPT A MINIATURE GRAPPLING HOOK!

I have not laughed out loud for a while, thanks!

Used it once in 5 years... Never been so happy to see someone drop their keys down a grid :clap:

I've brought a lot of awesome **** over the years.... Can't help myself, love it :laugh:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Never been so happy to see someone drop their keys down a grid 

that reminds me of two stories - the first when my brother arrived back at his workplace after being sent to London 200 miles there and back in a van for which he had no money for fuel, coasting most of the way back down any hills, finally arrived at the pound in the early hours to collect his own car, posted the van keys through the office door only to discover he had posted his own car keys lol - had to fashion the D ring of his adidas bag strap into a hook and fish them out - days before mobile phones lol

and my dad dropping his keys down an enormous (flooded) grid on Eastbourne sea-front when - as sheer luck would have it, I had a job on in Brighton and was staying just along the coast that night - thanks to mobile phones he could call me, and we went to Halfords to buy one of those long powerful  magnets for picking tools up, and then went key-fishing for an age through each of the grating slots - I bet it was two gatings each 2' 6" square - until we got right to the corner and the shortest slot (having given up) and presto!

years later my mum found the spare key in one of her handbags ...   ever after she kept the spare key in her handbag.  Unfortunately her handbag was in the car that time my dad locked the keys in the car ....

I wear my car keys on a chain attached to my belt!  :yes:

33 minutes ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Used it once in 5 years...

milk_tray_man_3468213k.jpg

Well I’ve done some daft things in my time,but never ordered something than forgot what it’s for.But there is still time:yes:

A bottle of permabond from the USA, must have arrived by surface mail as I can't remember why I ordered it :laugh: