• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Tazmo61

55th Anniversary Seiko Diver's Watches

Nice enough looking bit of kit, but not exactly ground breaking design is it... The bracelet looks like a lousy fit in that photo, and the crown looks a bit exposed without any guards to protect it, but it's a Seiko so no doubt they will sell them by the bucket load anyway :tongue:

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

but not exactly ground breaking design is it... The bracelet looks like a lousy fit in that photo, and the crown looks a bit exposed without any guards to protect it, but it's a Seiko so no doubt they will sell them by the bucket load anyway :tongue:

Its a new modern version of the original 62mas design (also with no crown guards) so no , not a ground breaking design .:laugh:

I agree they probably will sell :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Seiko have announced the re-creation of three classic diver's watches paying tribute to: 1968 Hi-beat Diver’s 300m, 1965 62MAS 150m, 1975 Professional Diver’s 600m

Watches will be limited:

100 set limited trilogy-edition of the three watches in a presentation case and 1,100 limited editions of each of the three models.

The 1965 62MAS with a 8L55 movement will be €6,500, 1968 Professional Diver with a 8L55 movement will be €7,000 and the 1975 Professional Diver with a 8L35 movement will be €4,500.

Additionally there will be 5,500 of the 1965 62MAS model with a 6R35 movement priced at €1350. 

I can see demand being very high for the 1,100 limited editions despite the pricing and the more affordable 6R35 powered 1965 62MAS will fly I think

The press release is here: https://www.seikowatches.com/uk-en/news/20200305-67527300709

Re-creations_a_1200_04083258459138_jpg.j

• Like 1

All three look good, but I would like the 62MAS, best of the three size wise for my wrists, but would have to be the 6R35 version, €6,500 is just outside my price range at the moment for the 8L55, but the €1350 is ok.:)