• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
rafy1

Thinking more and more to get some Christopher Ward watches - Need some advice ;)

Hi guys,

It is some times, not to say years.... I am looking to get some CW Divers, and especially the bronze ones.

I know that in term of movements, CW is using top notch reliable automatic movements .

But does some of you have experience with CW, in term of quality, finishes, etc... And most of all how they size on the wrist. I am usually wearing big divers.

I was thinking about the below model,

p1150013.jpg

And super like the below model too

c65-41ada1-b0kk1-vk_macro-4.jpg

Thank you :)

Edited by rafy1
misspealing
  • Like 2

Hi Rafy

Think you already know that I’m a big supporter of the brand & have acquired quite a few to date, including their own in house calibre SH21.

Regarding quality I struggle to think of any other brand (that I’m accustomed to) that can offer more bang for buck!!

Customer service has always been exemplary in my experience & the owners willing to engage personally, particularly Chris Ward (watch this space) ?

Remember that you have 60 days to return a timepiece if it doesn’t come up to your expectations for a full refund.  They’ll even send you a free returns package.

You have nothing to lose, Rafy

Good hunting :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That second bronze diver looks incredible! AAAAAANND then I see 'Christopher Ward' all over the dial :( Another CW that I won't be buying because of the way they brand their watches. The flags logo is sufficient and subtle. I'll even live with 'chronometer' and the depth rating. 

I also take offence to the moon phase for the same reasons. Beautiful dials, in this case hand finished, then with printed text splashed all over it.

Don't let this bias your decision, I hear nothing but good about the watches, but hopefully they will look back a couple of years at branding and think 'we went in the wrong direction'

Edited by al_kaholik
  • Like 1

Hi Rafy

I also loved my CW diver, extremely well built, solid watch .

42491397614_04d551b708_b.jpg

• Like 2

I've followed the brand for a while and although I think some of their designs are spot on ( and some are pretty whack - what's with the combined dive / gmt bezel guys?) The one, single thing that's stopped me buying one is the branding / logo. The original Chr. Ward London was too 'wordy' and looked very 'Chinese watch trying to be upmarket', The swiss / english flag logo is great but then they go and slap their name all over 9 o'clock. Again that makes it a hard pass, They need to bite the bullet and like Kentucky Fried Chicken changed to KFC, move from Christopher Ward to CW although Daniel Wellington / DW kind of got there first so the option may not be open to them.

• Like 2

I think some of their watches and movements look excellent but I never have and never will buy one because of the branding on the dial. Once they start putting the 'flag' on all pieces instead of the words I might jump in. But not until.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Hi Rafy

Think you already know that I’m a big supporter of the brand & have acquired quite a few to date, including their own in house calibre SH21.

Regarding quality I struggle to think of any other brand (that I’m accustomed to) that can offer more bang for buck!!

Customer service has always been exemplary in my experience & the owners willing to engage personally, particularly Chris Ward (watch this space) ?

Remember that you have 60 days to return a timepiece if it doesn’t come up to your expectations for a full refund.  They’ll even send you a free returns package.

You have nothing to lose, Rafy

Good hunting :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot your reply and good points, very much appreciated ;)

One friend got the CW with their in-house movement, true it sound excellent, he told me only good about it no issue in 1Y, excellent and reliable stuff, I am even predicting that due to the ETA shortage globally, the CW movements will get more and more values ;)

Yes totally agree with you, CW is having excellent quality / money for value.

I am going to London in 2 months from now, do you know if CW is maybe having local shop or re-seller selling it at the airport? Just asking as ordering online with a delivery to Dubai is time to time a challenge, I got 3 watches lost by (FedEx and UPS...)

20 hours ago, al_kaholik said:

That second bronze diver looks incredible! AAAAAANND then I see 'Christopher Ward' all over the dial :( Another CW that I won't be buying because of the way they brand their watches. The flags logo is sufficient and subtle. I'll even live with 'chronometer' and the depth rating. 

I also take offence to the moon phase for the same reasons. Beautiful dials, in this case hand finished, then with printed text splashed all over it.

Don't let this bias your decision, I hear nothing but good about the watches, but hopefully they will look back a couple of years at branding and think 'we went in the wrong direction'

Yes totally agree with your comment, CW acronym would have been enough, rather that the full brand name. I like clean and neat dials, but it is OK, I think I can leave with that, but you had a very good point, it is one of the very small negative point ;)

19 hours ago, Teg62x said:

Hi Rafy

I also loved my CW diver, extremely well built, solid watch .

42491397614_04d551b708_b.jpg

Yep, not bad too, I like it :)

Thanks you!!

7 hours ago, julian2002 said:

I've followed the brand for a while and although I think some of their designs are spot on ( and some are pretty whack - what's with the combined dive / gmt bezel guys?) The one, single thing that's stopped me buying one is the branding / logo. The original Chr. Ward London was too 'wordy' and looked very 'Chinese watch trying to be upmarket', The swiss / english flag logo is great but then they go and slap their name all over 9 o'clock. Again that makes it a hard pass, They need to bite the bullet and like Kentucky Fried Chicken changed to KFC, move from Christopher Ward to CW although Daniel Wellington / DW kind of got there first so the option may not be open to them.

200% agree with you ;)

Thanks everybody for all your good comments, and inputs. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, rafy1 said:

I am going to London in 2 months from now, do you know if CW is maybe having local shop or re-seller selling it at the airport? 

Hi Rafy, CW only has a showroom at their office in Maidenhead, not far at all from London or Heathrow. Otherwise it's all online. You can make an appt via their website and go and see all their offerings. I went back in 2014, It was a very good one to one experience, that I would recommend, even though I ended up with a watch I never really intended to buy and subsequently sold on! 

Chris Ward himself has actually now left the company (he was never a major shareholder) following some investment from a 3rd party. It appears he is in the process of starting up another company with his family based on documents registered at Companies House (that's where all limited companies are registered in the UK).This is being followed closely on the CW forum. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/03/2020 at 21:15, Caller. said:

Hi Rafy, CW only has a showroom at their office in Maidenhead, not far at all from London or Heathrow. Otherwise it's all online. You can make an appt via their website and go and see all their offerings. I went back in 2014, It was a very good one to one experience, that I would recommend, even though I ended up with a watch I never really intended to buy and subsequently sold on! 

Chris Ward himself has actually now left the company (he was never a major shareholder) following some investment from a 3rd party. It appears he is in the process of starting up another company with his family based on documents registered at Companies House (that's where all limited companies are registered in the UK).This is being followed closely on the CW forum. 

Thanks a lot for all the valuable information.

I will follow that closely :thumbsup: