• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Varish

Old Yema pocket watch

Digging through my father's things I found an old pocket watch. It hasn't ran for at least 20 years, so I won't start the movement now. I tried to find the exact model but I haven't been successful, if you have some info I'd love to hear from you!

I'm going to, at some point next week probably, have it serviced and repair, even though it's probably not worth much. Here's a couple of pics

IMG-20200311-092311.jpgIMG-20200311-092257.jpg

Yema is a French watch company founded in 1948 in Besançon (Doubs) by Henry Louis Belmont. Wikipedia has a useful historical entry for Yema and interestingly, the company was owned for a while by Seiko, between 1988 and 2004. It might prove difficult to find the identical model to your own pocket watch although at the time when your watch was produced, Yema was on the rise. In the later 1960s, the firm was the leading exporter of French watches, selling 500,000 units annually in 50 countries. Yema is still going and the firm might be able to provide you with more exact information about your particular watch.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, massive help! I'll keep you posted once I know more about the  model, but I'd really like to have this watch ticking.