Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JoT

Lockdown & Self-Isolation Boredom - ideas!

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Filterlab said:

If anyone has three and a half hours to burn off constructively, I can thoroughly recommend ‘The Irish Man’ which is currently on Netflix. 

Absolutely outstanding - didn’t take my eyes off the screen for the duration. De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Keitel; all superb. Writing, direction and entertainment truly first class. 

I’ll add my endorsement.

Wouldn’t be without Netflix presently. :thumbs_up:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 5 hour walk-through of the famous Hermitage Museum in St Petersburg - brilliant!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I now have five friends who have been told to isolate themselves for for 12 weeks, so I phone them all every day for chat and a laugh, plus organise any help they need, none of them have access to the internet.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a YouTube crash course in hairdressing. You're going to need it. :yes:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like work will pack up soon, they rearranged our shifts so there is a gap but still to many people milling around chit chatting so it can’t be long until it closes.

Just as well I stocked up 

49691343596_f71fb6d681_b.jpg

When in Rome and all that

:biggrin:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting ready to start painting, doing sketches and about to start some preliminary work on paper before moving on to canvas, I have one medium sized and three small canvases and a few more on the way (hopefully), luckily I have a home studio (spare room). Also doing some research have some ideas for curating an exhibition at some point in the future. What else? I am going to start studying again in April by distance learning. Luckily JoT and me like each other's company, just as well :laugh:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rolexgirl said:

I am getting ready to start painting, doing sketches and about to start some preliminary work on paper before moving on to canvas, I have one medium sized and three small canvases and a few more on the way (hopefully), luckily I have a home studio (spare room). Also doing some research have some ideas for curating an exhibition at some point in the future. What else? I am going to start studying again in April by distance learning. Luckily JoT and me like each other's company, just as well :laugh:

My problem is that my main pastime is or that should be was going to the Pub so I’m at a bit of a loss

:biggrin:

Big M suggested jigsaws and scrabble 

:rolleyes:
 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

I’m at a bit of a loss

5af3ffd153f6f726149a3a25

7a40256677b8ca19e3b1b0cbd3ba71d8.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I built a Ugears kit clock that my wife bought me for christmas 

IMG_20200323_130514.thumb.jpg.95e71fc16c8de8223c5cb9f78e1d492b.jpgIMG_20200323_130433.thumb.jpg.c73ef44a258d4ab0575a06e434f3ced1.jpg

today I decided to re stitch a strap given to me by @Davey P a while ago the stitching was coming away from the strap. 

IMG_20200324_134139.thumb.jpg.6b2d4212de12dd036ed905f71cd7cc0e.jpg

IMG_20200324_140613.thumb.jpg.cf925168a4dee58cb47d3a6ca8619089.jpg

IMG_20200324_151235.thumb.jpg.4d4aec6ec9679df3e290ab8d46d4a727.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

today I decided to re stitch a strap given to me by @Davey P a while ago the stitching was coming away from the strap. 

Nice one mate, that strap looks awesome :notworthy:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

Yesterday I built a Ugears kit clock that my wife bought me for christmas 

IMG_20200323_130514.thumb.jpg.95e71fc16c8de8223c5cb9f78e1d492b.jpgIMG_20200323_130433.thumb.jpg.c73ef44a258d4ab0575a06e434f3ced1.jpg

today I decided to re stitch a strap given to me by @Davey P a while ago the stitching was coming away from the strap. 

IMG_20200324_134139.thumb.jpg.6b2d4212de12dd036ed905f71cd7cc0e.jpg

IMG_20200324_140613.thumb.jpg.cf925168a4dee58cb47d3a6ca8619089.jpg

IMG_20200324_151235.thumb.jpg.4d4aec6ec9679df3e290ab8d46d4a727.jpg

Great work on the strap

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sabailand said:

I bet pornhub is getting some traffic this week!:tongue:

Ohhhh  Yeahhhh!!!

 

:naughty:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boredom?

I've been completely redesigning the office / workshop, making shelves from leftovers and fitting those.  Inbetween that I have been organising a plumber, sorting a new tenancy agreement and making sure some creditors paid me.

I'm looking forward to some boredom!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Biker said:

Ohhhh  Yeahhhh!!!

 

:naughty:

Always wanted an excuse to use this emoji.

:smiley-faces-85:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to be fair I haven't noticed a great deal of difference really but every where is a bit quieter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately even though we manufacture nothing of any national importance our owner is a proper money grabber and has came up with every excuse under the sun why we should still be open so I’m still going to work but at least that has kept me out of Big M’s way.

So far this week I’ve skimmed dog bones, set up another machine and got it going for one of the boys to make pistols, made some boom centres, jumped on the big HAAS made some trunnions and had a look at another machine which makes men with no arms.

Side plates tomorrow 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

Edited by BondandBigM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

...and had a look at another machine which makes men with no arms.

WTF? :laughing2dw::laughing2dw:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting really bored now. Applied for that NHS volunteer scheme, but got turned down. They've got enough gynaecologists, apparently. Just waiting to hear back from the breast clinic....:wink:

:laughing2dw::laughing2dw:

('Whatsapped' to me from 3 different people today!)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Filterlab said:

WTF? :laughing2dw::laughing2dw:

I though I might be doing side plates today but then there was talk of maps, in the end I made some upside down men with no arms

:huh:

You have to be careful with your G10’s though or it could all go boobies up and you’ll end up with men with no arms or legs 

49699656218_351a5a5232_b.jpg

 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...