• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JoT

Lockdown & Self-Isolation Boredom - ideas!

I have never been one for xbox or playstation but seeing as I was bored earlier I booted up the grandkids playstation and had a few games of Gran Turismo , my plan is to play a little each day and increase my skills and not tell the grandkids then challenge them to a game when it is safe for them to visit and woop them :laugh:

I did start off with Call of Duty but had no idea what I was doing and my brain was not telling my fingers what to do so I kept dying time after time :angry:

• Haha 1

:laughing2dw:

Start in the lowest level on CoD and you’ll be fine. You’ll soon be taking out a russian with a single shot of your MP5.

Bink. Dead. :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

Just realised I don't even have a pack of cards in the house. :bash:

Big M has decided we must get our allotted hour of exercise by going for a walk

:huh:

It’s freezing and the boozers are closed so no point in that at all.

I’ve suggested there is nothing wrong with our normal Sunday pastime of getting hammered on V&RB and Jäger Bombs then burning the roast and lightening the fire pit all the while trying to set the garden on fire.

Exercise 

:rolleyes:

FFS she’s lost the plot already

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Like 1

You have no idea how much I'm enjoying this "Lockdown" and "Social Distancing" situation. 

Screenshot-20200313-213531.jpg

• Haha 7

24 minutes ago, BlueKnight said:

You have no idea how much I'm enjoying this "Lockdown" and "Social Distancing" situation. 

Screenshot-20200313-213531.jpg

May I have my present early...please.

:tongue:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Big M has decided we must get our allotted hour of exercise by going for a walk

:huh:

It’s freezing and the boozers are closed so no point in that at all.

I’ve suggested there is nothing wrong with our normal Sunday pastime of getting hammered on V&RB and Jäger Bombs then burning the roast and lightening the fire pit all the while trying to set the garden on fire.

Exercise 

:rolleyes:

FFS she’s lost the plot already

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

We've just been out walking on the moor nearby and on the way back our boy, Polo did his usual trick of trying to pull us in pubs, which he usually manages :laugh:

• Haha 1

On 28/03/2020 at 01:24, Roger the Dodger said:

Watching my Praying Mantis chowing down on a fly is pretty cool...

Those chinese prayjng mantis will eat anything! :wacko:

It's funny how I thought initially that the lockdown would give me the impetus to do various jobs around the house and get on with research and writing, but somehow, I have not really settled into it. I am going for a longer walk each day than I would usually, and I have been able to complete a couple of short pieces for the Forum, but that's about it - well, apart from the necessary shopping. Tomorrow I go for a PET-CT scan to see how far my newly recurrent cancer has spread so that the oncologist can make a final decision about treatment, which has been put on hold partly because of COVID-19. Once that is out of the way, perhaps my head will be in a better place and I can start work on a more major article that I have been planning. Anyway, stay safe, everyone, and keep up the humour.:thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

been busy this week end, making exhaust bkts/ hangers, thing is I love been in isolation in the garage doing real back yard engineering ( no taking the mick about strong enough to hang the car from :laugh:) will be painted next weekend .

deano

oKHi5tT.jpg

sV0bYhA.jpg

BmHitfG.jpg

jVHKJTg.jpg

Edited by deano1956
  • Like 4

Some perlege on the bracket & bluing the bolts wouldn’t go amiss, Deano.

Looking good though!
:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Some perlege on the bracket & bluing the bolts wouldn’t go amiss, Deano.

Looking good though!
:thumbsup:

yep thanks alan. the top ally bkt will be brushed finished but all stainless bolts  with painted steel & ply bushings :biggrin:, keeps me happy

deano

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Filterlab said:

with a nice film

My recommendations from Netflix last week included "A Quiet Place".

Cut off from the rest of the world, a tight-knit family lives in constant fear of making any sound that will attract terrifying alien creatures.

Just what I needed to cheer me up. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Turpinr said:

We've just been out walking on the moor nearby and on the way back our boy, Polo did his usual trick of trying to pull us in pubs, which he usually manages :laugh:

We did eventually go out for a half an hour to get some fresh air, I sort of thought if we left it until later it would be quieter and it was, hardly a soul to be seen and the odd person we did see was respectful and stayed well apart.

49712661046_f80ed7cd9e_b.jpg

Looking towards Redcar and Tees Port with the shut down steel works in the distance.

49712661071_5394fb651c_b.jpg

And up to the Headlands 

Normally a popular walk with plenty of people on the beach with dogs and so on but nobody to be seen for miles.

It was a bit eerie 

• Like 2