• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

50 minutes ago, PC-Magician said:

Not a Watch but the same thing will apply I think.

I always buy from sellers who have a lot of history, good reputation, and look through their feedback to see how they have handled problems previously.  It's buying the seller first, I guess.

as @scottswatches would say!

Edited by Jet Jetski
(HT)
  • Like 1

I would!

Same applies to me as trade too.  There are people I buy from at a premium because of good experiences before, and others I wouldn't 

One local business that shall remain nameless always owes me money for selling cheaper watches (under £20 normally and not worth paying to post, plus as a dealer I should not abuse the forum sales section).  But when I occasionally buy from them it is rock bottom prices.

Is it not the buyer in this instance that is the problem ?

7 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I always buy from sellers who have a lot of history,

2 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

There are people I buy from at a premium

3 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Is it not the buyer in this instance that is the problem ?

Well, you are a swot, actually watching the video.

I check buyer's history too! lol - some people won't sell to a buyer without good feedback

but I had to go and pick a watch up once because the seller wouldn't post owing to a similar experience

250 miles ...

it was a bargain

I did sell it for a notional profit, but not when you factor in the extra bracelet links I bought and the fuel (of course at the time I bought the extra links it was a keeper ...)

So yeah, erm. buy the buyer first.

Edited by Jet Jetski

Empty packaging box arrived from France...£200 watch absent. Seller said packed,.....run around exactly same by ebay when I couldn’t send the watch back for a refund because never received it. Same response from 2 police stations..no form signed.

eventually I  turned to PayPal...signed an affidavit to say never received watch.....money refunded...simples.

however...had done all checks for buying the seller and actually felt sorry for him...if he had offered partial refund to split the cost of the theft I probably would have accepted that..

• Like 1

The answer I had in mind at the start of the video is actually shown, albeit briefly, towards the end.  Refuse to refund the buyer and, if eBay/Paypal processes the refund in the buyer's favour, take eBay/Paypal to the Small Claims Court.  eBay/Paypal I'd suspect are unlikely to contest the case and will have to give the money back to you.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rhaythorne said:

The answer I had in mind at the start of the video is actually shown, albeit briefly, towards the end.  Refuse to refund the buyer and, if eBay/Paypal processes the refund in the buyer's favour, take eBay/Paypal to the Small Claims Court.  eBay/Paypal I'd suspect are unlikely to contest the case and will have to give the money back to you.

What it requires is a multitude of sellers who have suffered the same to do this, and perhaps eBay may change their tune.

The problem is, going through the process is sometimes more hassle than the worth of the goods.

Wow! That was an eye opener! Thank goodness I only buy and have never sold on ebay. Now I don't really like the desk light I bought the other day...I'll just bash it around a bit...maybe bend the arm out of straight and send it back for a full refund. Just remember, don't send bricks, as you won't get your money back...:laughing2dw:

Thanks for posting, Jon. @PC-Magician

• Thanks 1